General Science Teacher
Calling all Science Teachers; Tradewind Recruitment are currently recruiting for a full-time Science Teacher to work at one of the highest achieving schools in London from January 2019. Are you looking for a new role for the new year? If so please contact Eamonn Molloy at Tradewind Recruitment for more information and potential trial day!General Science Teacher; January 2019; Hammersmith and Fulham.Are you a General Science Teacher interested in teaching in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ School based in Hammersmith and Fulham? Are you available to start a full-time, permanent role from January 2019? If so Tradewind Recruitment have the role for you so please send your CV for immediate consideration.An OFSTED graded ‘Outstanding’ school in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham have contacted us to assist them with the recruitment of a Key Stage 3 and 4 General Science Teacher to join their highly successful department from January 2019; the role offers a very competitive salary available in line with experience (Main Pay Scale Inner London - £28,660 - £39,006) and can be on a long-term contract through Tradewind Recruitment or an immediate permanent assignment.Based in Hammersmith and Fulham, West London, the school is easy accessible on many modes of transport with the main overground station being only 15 minutes from Central London. The current cohort of staff travel from across London to access the school due to it’s prestigious nature so even if you are not currently living in Ealing, or have not previously considered it as a location, please still submit your CV for consideration as you will be presently surprised at how easy it is.The school is the highest achieving school in the borough. It is a Catholic School with no issues whatsoever with behaviour, OFSTED rated ‘outstanding’, but more so just an ‘Outstanding’ place to work. It is a co-educational school that runs from Key Stage 3 to A-level. Tradewind Recruitment have provided staff to the school for the last 18 years on long-term and permanent contracts and regardless of department, the feedback is unrivalled.Responsibilities for this Key Stage 3 and 4 General Science Teacher Role include:This role will involve teaching small, co-educational classes of around 25 motivated boys and girls with an almost 50/50 timetable split across both Key Stages.• To follow the school’s curriculum and assessment methodology (which are largely based on the National Curriculum)
• To assess prospective pupil applications
• To do at least one duty a week (paid additional)
• To attend staff meetings and parents’ evenings as required out of school hours
• To contribute to ‘house’ and other whole school activities (e.g. sports day)
• Occasional internal cover of absent staffThe school adopts a policy of supportive rigour when developing the student’s academic and extra-curricular performance. Small class sizes mean that teachers have the opportunity to pay close attention to their pupils and develop each child. .
The ideal candidate for this Key Stage 3 and 4 General Science Teacher role will:
• be experienced and/or qualified to teach the subject successfully at Key Stage 3 and 4
• be empathetic to the students and contribute to the school’s friendly, enthusiastic atmosphere.
• be familiar with the national curriculum and assessment methodology
• A sense of warmth and having a caring outlook.
• Any other skills or subject expertise may be helpful.More information for this General Science Teacher role:• Excellent departmental support, working under an award-winning Head of Department who has successfully led the department
• Free lunch and gym is provided by the school
• The school has very low staff turnover; with a number of the SLT
• A school allowance is paid on top of Inner London Main Pay Scale
Based in the borough of Ealing; based near both the Piccadilly, Central and Overground stations.
By working with Tradewind, we can offer you:
• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this General Science Teacher role you will need to:• Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification
• This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
• Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UKFor more information about the role, contact Eamonn Molloy on (Apply online only) option 2/I look forward to hearing from you.
If you are not looking for work and you would like me to update/delete your details please do not hesitate to let me know, we offer £100 referrals for any colleagues you may know who are looking for new appointments so please pass on their details to us and regardless of whether you are working for us or not we can still get you paid referrals