Are you an enthusiastic English Teacher who is interested in a new role at a prestigious all-girls school in Waltham Forest? Are you available from January 2019? If so please contact Kyle at Tradewind Recruitment today.A small, very friendly and high achieving girls’ school in the Waltham Forest borough seeks a qualified English Teacher from January 2019 for maternity cover, with competitive salary available in line with experience (Main Pay Scale Inner London - £28,660 - £39,006)Located on a side, residential street, the school nevertheless benefits from proximity both to the quietness of its location, and loads of restaurants down the road from the school. The school is only a 5-minute walk from the underground station.It is a medium sized school (around 890 girls in total) and this size enables the school to give all pupils the close attention and individual help they need to best develop their talents. Catering for a wide range of academic ability, the school only facilitate for 11-16-year-old girls.Responsibilities for this English Teacher Role:This English Teacher role will involve teaching medium size classes of around 24 motivated girls teaching them KS3 and KS4 English. Other responsibilities will include:• To follow the school’s curriculum and assessment methodology (which are largely based on the National Curriculum)
• To brainstorm creative and innovative ways to improve the girl’s achievement in English
• To attend staff meetings and parents’ evenings as required out of school hours
• To write progress reports for girls
• Occasional internal cover of absent staffThe school adopts a policy of supportive rigour when developing girls’ academic and extra-curricular performance. Medium class sizes mean that teachers have the opportunity to pay close attention to their pupils and develop each girl’s skills.
The ideal candidate for this English Teacher role will:
• be experienced and/or qualified to teach Key Stage 3 and 4 English
• be empathetic to the girls and contribute to the school’s friendly, enthusiastic atmosphere
• Be committed to deliver a high standard of teaching and a passion to see the girls achieve
• A sense of warmth and having a caring outlook
• be a team player who can work collaboratively with other members of staff to ensure achievement and success within the departmentMore information for this English Teacher role:• Small-medium class sizes mean that teachers have the opportunity to pay close attention to their pupils and develop each girl’s skills.
• Lunch is provided by the school
• The school has a very low staff turnover
• The Head Teacher is an advocate for CPD courses and desires for all his staff to develop and be a more effective teacher
The school is a short distance (5-minute walk) from an underground station on the Victoria line and London Overground.
By working with Tradewind, we can offer you:
• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this English Teacher role you will need to:• Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification
• This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
• BA Hons in English Literature or equivalent
• Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
• You must have the legal right to work in the UKClick ‘Apply’ to be considered for this great position as English Teacher in Waltham Forest. Or for more information about the role, contact Kyle Burgher on (Apply online only) option 2 /We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
No terminology in the above advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Tradewind Recruitment is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer and accepts applications from all sections of the community