DevOps Developer - contract
Our client, an organisation in the Fintech sector provides a blockchain based trading platform for the creation, issuance and exchange of digital assets.Senior DevOps Engineer
The Senior DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with the software engineering team/s assuming responsibility for designing and implementing automation processes, ensuring principles of continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery management are maintained across projects. Educating and mentoring the team and wider organisation on tools and architectures, explaining complex architectures in simple terms for non-technical colleagues.Skills and Experience:
* 5+ years of Experience
* Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
* Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Saltstack or an equivalent
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing and firewalls.
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies.
* Experience with any of the major cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCE, Azure).
* Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, as we also use Redis).
* Understanding of CI/CD mechanics and pipelines.
* A working understanding of code and script (bash, Python, Ruby).
* Understanding if app container technologies (docker) and container management.
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
* A degree, or relevant experience, in computer science, or similar subject.
* Strong technical and interpersonal skills
* Experience in a results based environment.
* Work both in team and apply an individual approach