Product Manager- Contract- New Digital Ventures team
This is an opportunity to join a new digital ventures/accelerator team pioneering within a FTSE100 company with the use of digital publishing to capture customer data used in data-driven marketing. The remit is huge with over 50 sites across major global brands, launching new products and campaigns to emerging markets and responsible for driving value from their brand sites.
- You will be responsible for driving value vs building features.
- Being able to think lean - ie what are the big assumptions backing up my idea, how can I test them as quick and cheap as possible.
- Discovery of what is happening in the industry/competitors/outside world that can be a source of ideas for the next feature/experiment.
- Owning the co-ordination of the content production with global markets, co-creating and aligning product and content strategy.
- You will be working with the developers and designers to flesh out experiments, researching the competition looking for opportunities, monitoring key metrics eg traffic/engagement, liaising with markets to understand growth opportunities in local markets (50+ of them!)
- The role is to manage stakeholders across multiple markets (who will be asking for features and changes to their brand sites).
- The remit is large over 50 sites across major brands.
- The role will be responsible for driving value from their brand sites (eg sales/data collection/marketing) and creating a road map to deliver that in 2021.
- At the same time you will need to balance the needs of the markets as they launch new products or campaigns.
- Manage end to end delivery and ongoing prioritisation and stakeholder communication
- Develop go-to-market plans, positioning, messaging and all elements related to the business case.
- Communicate internally and externally to evangelize vision and inspire all stakeholders to get them on the same page.
- Proven experience managing complex global initiatives end to end, from strategy through to operational delivery and initiative scaling.
- You will have an experimentation mindset, build-measure-learn mentality, focus on customer and business value vs a feature factory.
- You are obsessed with being KPI focused/driven.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop strategy, business plans, customers and market insights
- An excellent understanding of how technical teams work and an ability to provide leadership to technical teams so the products can be launched with maximum effectiveness.
- Background likely to be consumer-facing online and digital media, preferably with an E-commerce component.
- Ability to apply the best organizational, analytical and problem solving skills to product development and strategy.
- Measure and evaluate how the product is used to ensure that the product solves the right problem, users understand it and if applicable, that they are willing to pay.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving aptitude combined with brilliant communication skills.
- Outstanding product instincts and creativity combined with a passion for digital transformation.