Senior .NET Engineer: Azure Development: Energy Trading Company
A World Leading Energy Trading Company has an exciting opportunity for a number of Software Engineers to join a cross-functional, deep technical team.
The team will build the clients latest energy trading project focusing on delivering software and applications to generate business value.
As a Node.JS Developer, you will have proven experience in adhering to software engineering best practices, delivering software products/applications generating business value and they are expected to have continuous improvement mindset, driving value-based process, product/application optimization.
- Solution consultation and development in accordance to the enterprise technology principles, methods, standards, and practices
- Estimation, solution design, detailed technical design, application technical deliverables including code, associated tests and documentation
- Contribution to functional excellence in terms of definition and maintenance of standards, methods and tools, bringing in best practices from market standard implementations
- Manage complex integration scenarios and interfaces between on-premise solutions, cloud and Legacy systems
Skills & Requirements:
- Proven experience in Node JS, Express JS and building RESTful APIs using Node.js
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/GitHub
- Proven experience in integrating with REST API services using fetch, XMLHttpRequest and axios library
- Proficient in Azure Platform Development (Serverless Computing, Azure Functions, Azure Services, Azure Storage, Logic Apps)
- Experience in GraphQL will be a differentiator in addition to core skills
- Good Understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Experience using Cloud Native CI/CD tools is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Power Trading Value Chain and Wholesale Energy Markets is highly desirable and would be a key differentiator between technically equivalent candidates
- Knowledge of containers and functions is highly desirable. Deployment experience with Kubernetes (K8s) or Functions is a plus
- Experience developing applications based on microservices architecture is highly desirable
- Demonstrated application of the best patterns & practices in the software development life cycle
- Experience working in agile teams with demonstrated application of the principles