Solution Architect - CDP - Contract
Solution Architect - CDP - Contract
Solution Architect required to join one of our retail project teams.
This is a high-profile role giving the successful applicant the chance to lead in the overall architecture of solutions some of the world's largest online brands and retailers. The primary role will be owning the solution design and architecture, working closely with a team of architects, developers and consultants, as well as working closely with business stakeholders on critical design decisions.
The successful candidate will:
- Have full project life cycle experience in delivering complex, global, high-volume eCommerce systems.
- Have a proven track record in the delivery of complex transactional solutions within a mixed and varied technical landscape.
- Have proven experience of designing and modelling solutions which blend Legacy and cloud-based technologies.
- Take a lead in workshops and influence business and technical decisions for the solution.
- Have excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to ensure the solution delivery is aligned with business requirements
- Be driven, pragmatic and focused on project delivery.
- Take accountability and responsibility for the solution design.
- Manage program stakeholders including participation/running Design Authority forums.
- Input into project planning & estimation, work allocation and decision making (technical, design & team based).
- Document and communicate the solution design.
- Be seen as the technical owner and guru of the architectural solution.
- Liaise with the business face-to-face, work with our client's architects, present solutions to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders and run solution design workshops.
- Build and follow principles and best practices with regards to solution design.
- Work collaboratively with other Solution Architects within the Solution Architecture practice to share knowledge and help grow the practice within Wunderman Thompson Commerce.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!
We need you to be really great at:
- Experience with solution architecture and design experience in highly complex, enterprise scale eCommerce environments.
- Experience with Middleware ESB and/or API gateway (Mulesoft preferred).
- Experienced with CDP platforms such as Exponea, Emarsys
- A solid understanding and experience with data architecture including Datamodelling, data mapping, data migration
- Familiarity with some key common aspects of our solutions, including large eCommerce platforms such as WebSphere Commerce, Hybris, Magento, Commerce Tools, Salesforce CC etc.), and also other typical systems within an eCommerce landscape.
- Experience/knowledge of modern design approaches including best use of eCommerce platforms, componentized architectures, micro-services, cloud services and SaaS solutions.
- Proven experience of design, implementation and delivery of software systems into production, ideally with public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) experience.
- Team lead/management experience.
- Experience of documenting solution architecture designs and working with delivery teams to release those designs.
- Experience of working in Agile environments, with an appreciation of the commercial realities of working with Agile.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exposure to campaign management business process a plus
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a new global eCommerce consultancy that applies strategy, technical know-how and outstanding design to make a big impact through eCommerce.
How? By creating outstanding websites and inspired shopper journeys. It's why we work with some of the most exciting brands around such as Tempur, DFS, Boots, Selfridges, Specialized and Ted Baker.
Tell me more! We're an inclusive group of more than 1350 thinkers and doers from WPP's leading commerce agencies: Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce and Gorilla Group alongside two Amazon specialists - all under the world-renowned Wunderman brand. Our reputation is based on having the best in the business - people who are inspired yet straight-talking, and who really want to understand not just our clients but their customers. We are passionate about innovation in everything we do, and proud of what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
Together, we keep our clients and their customers inspired and ahead through digital, future-ready sites, solutions and services. When our clients win - we win.
With new, state-of-the-art offices in Watford, and two other cool agency offices in Central London, we've got 20 locations mapped across Europe, North America and Asia.
As our business grows internationally, we're seeking new people who share our values and work ethic. We especially want to encourage more women to join, and take a key role in shaping some of the best eCommerce sites and experiences in the world.