Technical Project Manager
Location - London, Bristol, Warrington
6 month contractSummaryThe Project Manager manages the project on a day-to-day basis. Responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. Has a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered to enable benefits to be realised.Role/Responsibilities* Create and lead the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraints.
* Day-to-day management and leadership of the project and any project team members. Set project controls. Design the project structure appropriate to the stage. Select and apply appropriate delivery methodologies.
* Develop and draft the Business Case.
* Build the project plan and apply appropriate project principles to deliver stated objectives. Identify and set appropriate project controls. Track and report delivery against milestones.
* Track delivery of the project within budget.
* Ensure an appropriate benefits realisation strategy is in place.
* Identify key stakeholders and develop effective relationships.
* Identify project risks and issues. Manage mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate.
* Provide key reports and support effective governance and decision making.
* Support or set appropriate project assurance.
* Ensure effective change management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders.
* Show commitment to personal development. Promote effective individual and team performance.Skills/ExperienceEssential* Experience with managing agile digital services delivery, working alongside scrum masters and development teams.
* Experience of agile project management outputs including velocity and burn-down charts.
* Prince 2 Practitioner; practical experience of financial management of budgets up to £4M; management of risks, issues and dependenies.Desirable* To have a background in a law enforcement organisation
* Experience of using Jira and Confluence and their respective capabilities to generate agile project management artefacts.
* Understanding of GDS Service Standards as their application to digital services delivery