The role will primarily involve overseeing US tax/UK tax activities.
Researching US tax legislation and explaining the impact to clients will be required as part of contributing to tax advisory projects.
You will be working in a dynamic environment and you will be expected to coach junior staff members (located in the UK and abroad) and share your knowledge and experience with the entire team. You will also be expected to coordinate multiple engagement teams' schedules and deadlines.
Skills and attributes for success
* Positive attitude and willingness to be a team player.
* Excellent time and project management skills.
* Enthusiasm for coaching and developing team members.
* Strong tax technical skills and ability to learn new concepts with minimal guidance.
* Ability to articulate complex tax matters to clients in a commercial manner.
To qualify for the role you must have
* Current CPA, EA or equivalent qualification or Degree/Master's degree in accounting or taxation (or equivalent).
* Experience advising clients on the US tax implications of various investment strategies, fund structures and relevant US tax elections (eg, check-the-box, amortization of bond premium).
* Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative US tax analyses relevant to alternative credit funds, including but not limited to market discount schedules, original issue discount (OID) schedules, bond premium calculations, straddles, debt/equity analysis, etc.
* Practical understanding of partnership allocations, including both private equity and hedge fund type structures.
* Extensive experience in reviewing partnership tax returns (Form 1065) and Schedules K-1.
* Experience in reviewing PFIC reporting, including computation of ordinary earnings and net capital gain and shareholder income allocations.
* In-depth knowledge of Go Systems tax preparation software or similar system.
Ideally, you'll also have
* Experience managing cross-border teams of 2-6 people.
* Experience in delivering technical and soft skills training to junior team members.
* Knowledge of US inbound and outbound international tax rules.
* Knowledge of a non-US tax system would be helpful, but is not required
* Ability to learn the US GAAP and IFRS rules related to income recognition for debt instruments
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Take control of the group's compliance process
* Maintain a good relationship with HMRC
* Cover the business with advice for corporate and employment tax, VAT and other taxes
* Group tax accounting and the reporting process, making improvements in the process
*. Qualified accountant/tax professional (ACA/ACCA/CTA)
* Big 4 experience would be preferable with industry experience as a Tax Manager
* Excellent teamwork and leadership skills to deal with direct reports
* Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders and explain results to non-tax individuals.