Our Principal Contractor client are currently looking to add a Technical Author to an existing team looking after their involvement on a large Rail Infrastructure Project.
The role is based in London and will be working out of a large site office at one of the Central stations.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience writing documentation specific to Rail, ideally with an Architectural or MEP focus.Main Responsibilities of the role:* Undertaking editorial activities to ensure that technical documents are edited and formatted to standards agreed prior to sending for approval.
* Reviewing documents for potential duplication within the library to raise accuracy and validity.
* Supporting and pushing the production of clear and transparent procedures and processes which can be understood and following engineers across the organisation.
* Providing support, training and guidance to engineers and other staff when they are creating or submitting documents.
* Making sure documents are consistent to an agreed standard and making management aware when these fall below.
* Completing random QA checks on published documents to ensure they comply with the latest industry standards.
* Maintaining a working knowledge of departmental systems, policies and processes.
* Ensuring documents are approved in a timely manner by monitoring reports, email reminders and following up with face to face communication.
* Managing quality and progress of own work against agreed performance standards.
* Overseeing and scheduling planned maintenance work.
* Strategising and making recommendations for documentation improvements, for both documentation processes.This is a contract position with expected longevity of 6 months+ that will sit outside of IR35