DevOps Cloud Engineer/Architect
We have a current opportunity for a DevOps Cloud Engineer/Architect on a contract basis. The position will be based in London.
Job Title: Infra DevOps Engineer - Cloud
Infrastructure DevOps Engineer - Cloud
We're looking for an Infrastructure Cloud Platform Engineer to join a highly respected organisation to work as part of a team to deliver public cloud platform automation and deployment of development, test and production environments for a range of projects. The successful candidate will lead complex solution delivery for IT projects, working with in-house development teams and/or third parties to design, develop and implement infrastructure solutions. They lead their own group of technologies and support architects in delivering the strategic roadmap for their technology area..
- Multi-cloud automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Demonstrable expertise in working with public cloud PaaS, CaaS and IaaS tools and environments, specifically in GCP (exposure to others is an advantage)
- Blueprinting, version control and Infrastructure-as-Code principles.
- Support the development of standard GCP scripts and frameworks to ensure consistency of implementation
- Develop automated deployment pipelines and solutions for infrastructure requirements using Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD, Nexus, Enterprise OS's
- Have good understanding of Continuous Integration & Development methods and principles
- Proactively support any issues related to infrastructure and application deployments seeking to improve, resolve, and streamline tools and processes to meet delivery and operational challenges
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment towards minimising costs (via automation) and shortening feedback cycles
- Work as part of a public-cloud DevOps infrastructure team
- Work closely with both development and operations teams and demonstrate a commitment to their success
- Continuous Integration/Deployment experience with Gitlab CI/CD and Jenkins in particular, similar CI tools as an advantage
- Writing high quality code using YAML, Terraform, Ansible using Git repositories