Leather wrapper operative / Gerber Operator
Jark Southend Ltd are currently recruiting Production Operatives for our manufacturing client based in Laindon.
Temp to Perm basis after qualifying period, guaranteed contract.
Pay £17.00 hr
To perform routine and specific production manufacturing of leather/fabric sewn and wrapped components to customer and WCM specifications.
· Sewing Covers, Leather wrapping and general workshop duties.
· To work with the manufacturing team to meet targets.
· To adhere to work instructions and procedures.
· To maintain a clean area and perform general housekeeping.
· To study and interpret drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
· To measure and mark dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
· To communicate with supervisor, engineers, production, quality and shop personnel to resolve quality issues.
· Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
· Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with company quality program and procedures, company policies and safety and environmental regulations.
· Ensure that safe working practices are followed.
· Inspection of final product
· Active involvement in continuous improvement techniques
· Undergo training as necessary
· Comply with all company rules and HS&E guidelines
· Uphold all polices in relation to health, Safety and Welfare
· Experience in a similar role.
· Able to perform basic math’s function.
· Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and reliability.
· Proactive and innovative.
· To work effectively on your own and as part of a team, with a positive 'can-do’ attitude.
· The ability to prioritise workload.
· The ability to work well and accurately in a time-constrained and pressured environment.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally with Gerber Taurus II training, or other Gerber cutting /programming experience
For more details please call (phone number removed) or text FAC to (phone number removed), please note you will need to press apply to have your application considered.