Project Engineering Manager (6 Months FTC)
Sitting in our busy Operations team, the Higgidy Project Engineering Manager will plan, manage, and oversee elements of the expansion of our Shoreham site in time and on budget. Alongside the expansion project, the Project Engineering Manager will implement a new engineering audit system, plan and deliver a best practice PPM programme, and complete an analysis of current site assets. They will also work with the Head of Operations and the Engineering Manager to design a forward-thinking engineering strategy that is future fit for our planned growth.
Furthermore, they will coordinate and direct projects, analyse technology, resource needs, and demand, to plan and deliver complex projects, on-time and within budget.
Work with the Engineering Manager to undertake the development of our systems to fulfil changing needs and legislative requirements. Pro-actively develop and standardise procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engineering services and projects.
Site Expansion Project
* Work with department heads to deliver the Shoreham site expansion
* Co-ordinate implementation of site and equipment plans
* Manage contractors on site daily to ensure visibility and communication of project progress
* Work with suppliers to ensure new equipment builds are delivered on time
* Manage integration and setup of new equipment with both suppliers and internal teams before handing over new assets to the production team
* Deliver daily site updates and monthly project analysis to department heads
Production Efficiency Projects
* Work with department heads to support investment in new equipment, from design through to installation.
* Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration of technical activities
* Complete breakeven analysis & capex requests
* Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
* Complete a gap analysis of our current facility and propose, plan and implement projects to ensure that it is future fit
* Work with Head of Operations, Transformation Manager, and Engineering manager to develop a future fit engineering strategy for Higgidy’ s planned growth, covering equipment lifespan and cutting-edge improvements to production
Engineering Audit System
* Work with the Engineering manager to implement a new engineering system for work requests, spares inventory and PPM programme
* Review and advance current PPM process
* Ensure new system delivers effective engineering KPIs & reports
Essential skills and experience:
* 5+ years working in a similar capacity, delivering large scale projects
* Excellent communication skills
* Exemplary project management experience
* Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
* Advanced systems knowledge
* Analytical mindset
At Higgidy we think of ourselves as a big family and family is how we aim to treat everyone – therefore we strive to create a workplace in which people from all backgrounds are encouraged to contribute and succeed. Our aim is that no job applicant, temporary worker or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation