Senior Materials Science Engineer
Orion Group are seeking a Senior Materials Science Engineer to work with our Medical Device client in Blackpool.The Role:* Consolidation and validation of Project Plans and deliverables
* Facilitate technical problem resolution through the application of best practice tools such as 8-D, DMAIC, etc
* Define process outputs, transfer functions, process inputs.
* Characterize product and process, including identification of CQA’s and CPP’s, performing DOE’s to define relationship models, documenting design space, creation of control plan
* Facilitate process FMEA and ensure action follow-up and revisions as required.
* Ensure project changes are tracked and actioned appropriately. Implement Engineering Change Control throughout Design / Commissioning and Site Change Control during validation / production.
* Drive Validation /Verification strategies, authoring Master Validation Plans
* Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and supply
* Support testing & samplingRequirements:* Bachelor Degree level qualification in Science/Engineering or Equivalent
* Masters in Engineering and/or Business Administration
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Technical role
* Proven Project Management experience (min 2 years’ experience)
* Materials characterization experience – microscopy, chemical-physical analysis, advanced analytical techniques
* Proven knowledge and understanding of medical device / pharmaceutical regulated industry including FDA and GMP requirements
* Working knowledge of Quality Management Standards
* Working Knowledge of Equipment and Process Validation
* Six-Sigma Green Belt certifiedOur role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment