Our client, a giant in their industry, is looking for skilled butchers with extensive beef/lamb skills to join the team in their fast-paced environment in the Glamorgan, Wales. This role will initially be 12 weeks with the possibility to be made permanent afterwards. This is a physically demanding role with an emphasis on team work and attention to detail. If that sounds like you, get in touch!
* Demonstrate excellent knife skills (there will be a block test for this)
* Meet customer demands and specifications OTIF with a good understanding of yield values
* Handle slaughtering responsibilities
* Maintaining and storing tools and equipment
* Dealing with waste
* Contributing to health and safety in the workplace
* Contributing to hygiene requirements in the workplace
* Able to be flexible to meet production requirements
* Being able to perform at team level
* Experience in an abattoir or meet processing environment is essential.
* Knife skills, especially for beef, pork and lamb (a block test will be included in the hiring process).
* Food hygiene and H&S qualification to level 2.
* Physically competent, this role with require dexterity, endurance, manual handling and heavy lifting.
* Reliable, committed and passionate about food production.
What’s on offer:
* Competitive salary range (bonus scheme)
* Opportunity to be made permanent with an industry leader