Team Member Bakery
At Warburtons, family is at the heart of our business. Five generations' worth of expertise that goes into making our bakery products allows us to continue a tradition of baking inherited over the past 141 years.
Warburtons is the largest bakery brand in the UK, but that doesn't allow us to rest on our laurels. We are pioneers of the industry and ambitious market leaders, always seeking to challenge ourselves and convention. It is part of our philosophy to provide honest good sense on issues of health and well-being, helping the whole family to enjoy our products as part of a healthy, balanced diet, through a range of products to suit all meal occasions, lifestyles and tastes.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,000 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Our experienced Team Member role provides the opportunity to work in a multi-skilled team covering a range of activities across our operation taking an active role in identifying and delivering initiatives in health & safety, quality, operating processes and hygiene. Team Members are an important part of our work family ensuring our quality products are ready to be distributed to our customers.
This role is an integral part of a multi-skilled shift team within a 24/7 food manufacturing operation who support in enabling Warburtons to produce and deliver unbeatable quality products.
Our Team Members are multi-skilled and work across various departments within hygiene, production and warehouse, operating bakery machinery and automated plant equipment – at times autonomously - in a food manufacturing environment.
Health and Safety and Quality are very important to us, and we work to Company standards and statutory hygiene standards, our Team Members will be actively involved in making appropriate decisions to ensure we are working to those standards.
Providing basic support and guidance within the Team, leading by example in work activities.
Key Accountabilities and Measures
* Takes responsibility for putting safety first and always behaves in a manner to ensure own safety and that of others.
* Providing basic support and guidance within the team, leading by example
* Complies with all relevant Health, Safety, Environment and Food Safety standards and working practices.
* Takes an active role to identify and deliver Health, Safety, Environment and Food Safety improvements (e.g. involvement in audits and document reviews.)
* Takes responsibility for operating a wide range of equipment across the Operation to deliver site standards.
* Adheres to site processes and procedures to ensure safe and efficient operation to produce and deliver unbeatable quality products.
* Delivers all Hygiene and Housekeeping activities to achieve Company standards.
* Undertakes visual inspection and validation of hygiene activities, ensuring any risks are identified and appropriate actions are taken.
* Takes an active role to identify and deliver Hygiene and Housekeeping improvements.
* Takes responsibility for producing and delivering unbeatable quality products to Warburtons standards.
* Responsible for putting Warburtons quality culture at the heart of their role
* Makes decisions as appropriate to ensure all product is in line with Company standards.
* Willing to work a flexible shift pattern which include days, nights, weekends and Bank Holidays
* Experience in a similar role within FMCG
* Good written and verbal skills with a good level of numeracy
* Ability to work in a safe manner and consider the safety of others
* Demonstrates attention to detail with a focus on Quality and Health & Safety
* Adapts well to change and can undertake a variety of activities across our operation
* Have a positive outlook and enjoy working as part of a team, leading by example
* Demonstrates problem solving and decision-making capability
* Understands the importance of team-work and communicating effectively developing relationships with team members and other teams across the site
* Knowledge of IT systems and computers
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
* A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
* Award winning pension scheme with company contributions up to 7%
* Life assurance
* Products you'll love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
* Continued investment in your personal development
Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do