Quantity SurveyorTGW – Lead Design OrganisationRole ProfileThe Greater West (TGW) is a high profile railway electrification scheme which will bring electrified Great Western services to Cardiff in 2019. My client is the lead Design and Construct contractor overseeing the installation of the electrification system. This role is for a Senior Quantity Surveyor working within the design team who will be responsible for the commercial performance of all aspects of the project in relation to design activities.Key Duties* Oversight of a team consisting of the SQS and two Quantity Surveyors responsible for the commercial aspects of the Design Management function of the TGW Rail Electrification scheme
* Responsible for maximisation of cash and profit via appropriate commercial administration of the TGW Lead Design Organisation Intercompany Trading Agreement (ITA) and LDO obligations of the Main Contract with the Customer (Network Rail) and delivery of the TGW LDO Commercial strategy.
* Working closely with the internal customer commercial team and supplying all necessary commercial input to satisfy the requirements of the external customer in relation to Design activities.
* To ensure a clear understanding of the relevant Main Contract, ITA and subcontract agreements and articulate commercial cases as necessary in support of the correct course of action in relation to project issues.
* Provision of on-site commercial advice to the Head of LDO and Project Management staff as required
* Responsible for the timely submission of the monthly application for payment and in support of the application for payment to the Customer
* Organisation and provision of all back-up information necessary to support full payment entitlement
* Organisation and provision of all records and other commercial information necessary as a result of any Customer audit requests
* Calculation, submission and agreement of any budget authority requests to the customer that may be necessary..
* Oversight of timely subcontract payment administration in accordance with the subcontract agreements and Construction Act
* Oversight of timely submission of change control notices in accordance with contract requirements via the project change control platform along with corresponding Customer agreements prior to work commencing on site
* Commercial input into, and validation of the monthly project finance report, and the completion of the MPR pack
* Provision of cost and value forecast to Finance manager on regular basis
* Final accounting of the ITA and subcontracts at the end of the project in line with tender and/or forecast expectationsAdvantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy