Freelance Quantity Surveyor
Freelance Quantity Surveyor (Rail, Infrastructure, Civil Engineering) to be based in Nottinghamshire.We are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our clients growing commercial department on variety of rail, civil engineering and infrastructure based projects.Key Responsibilities:• Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
• Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect our clients contractual position.
• To act professionally always and promote the company’s best standards and practices.
• Monitor and chase Main Contract payments. Make payment applications to clients and ensure collection of cash.
• Being aware of and actioning any potential business development opportunities.
• Identification of process flaws and assisting with developing improved processes
• Assist estimating and operations with developing tender submissions.
• Review and commercially assess the Main Contract conditions and advise on risk and scope areas.
• Assist the Bid team as required.
• Tender input as required.
• Procurement of works to meet programme and ideally tender.
• Supply chain management and payment.
• Ensure that all aspects of the project are understood and make effective use of the tender handover.
• Liaise with the Procurement team to ensure that the progress of procurement is optimised, to ensure programme is maintained and buying opportunities are maximised.
• Change control
• Ensure accurate records of site activities undertaken and events are maintained and collated for easy reference, report as required on.
• Weekly cost and value monitoring
• Weekly review of programme and site records and analysis of variances from planned
• Monthly cost and value reporting
• Forecasting out-turn cost and value
• Maximise revenue opportunities
• Identify and manage scope and risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis
• Attend regular internal meetings ensuring actions are closed out quickly
• 5-7 years’ experience working in Quantity Surveyor role ideally in the rail, infrastructure and civil engineering markets.
• A good working knowledge of NEC forms of contracts.
• Conversant with MS Office packages.To apply send an updated CV to (url removed)Keywords