Technical Author / Illustrator
Technical Author / IllustratorWe are currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Author / Illustrator to join a well known aerospace company who provide design and maintenance services.The roleYou will be responsible for preparing and collating technical publications and illustrations from approved design data and third party vendor documentation. You will create data modules in accordance with Data Module Requirement Lists in support of certification requirements. Work alongside third party suppliers of technical publications activities.Evaluating design data in the preparation of technical publication documents for the end user/client which will include:- Description and operation
- Maintenance instructions
- Illustrated parts catalogue
- Wiring diagram manualsWe are recruiting for Technical Authors / Illustrators with the following skills and experience;- You will have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship and / or Technical Author Qualification or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of ATA 2200 or AECMA 1000D specification
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office (particularly Word), Adobe Acrobat Pro (compilation of manuals) and IsoDraw.
- Have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings for the creation of Data Modules and illustrations.
- Simplified English language skills (STE)This role will require you to hold a valid DBS check