Skilled Aircraft/Workshop Fitter
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.Role: Skilled Aircraft/Workshop FitterPay: £17.00 per Hour LTD companyContract: 8am-4:30pm Monday- Friday, 40 hours a week, 12 Months rolling ContractLocation: Brize NortonRole:This is an opportunity for a skilled aircraft fitter for employment at Brize Part 145 Base Maintenance team.You will form part of a multi-disciplined team carrying out Inspections, Examinations, Repair and Replacement of Components within the Workshop Environment.RequirementsEssential:* The candidate will have a recognised engineering background within the Aerospace Industry.
* The candidate must have a good level of education and the ability to speak and write technical English to a high standard.
* The candidate must be able to attain UK Security Clearance.
* A flexible approach is required as each day may see the candidate working in different areas within the workshops or a Hangar environment with the possibility of Line Maintenance as priorities change.
* The candidate should have the desire to develop within the organisation, contributing to future capabilities and be able to demonstrate the ability to obtain Component Certification approvals.Desired:* Previous experience in Quick Engine Change build up, Propeller Assemblies, Aircraft Role Equipment, Survival Equipment.
* Recognised apprenticeship and/or 5 years' experience within the Aerospace Industry.
* Awareness of MAA and /or Part 145 engineering practices and regulations.
* Human Factors, EWIS, SFAR.Key Workshop Activities:* Undertaking scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on TP400 engines in the Quick Engine Change Bay, which includes stripping and dressing of QEC's, receipt and despatch, modifications and repairs.
* Performing duties in the Role Equipment Bay that includes the provisioning of Role Equipment kits, management of assets, component inspection, test, repair and return to service of the Role Equipment. Issue a Certificate of Component Release for equipment within the Scope of approval.
* Ensuring the storage conditions of Role Equipment and components are maintained such that they meet technical and Regulatory requirements.
* Other elements of component maintenance as future capability evolves.Ad-hoc Aircraft Maintenance support:* Occasional support for the Aircraft Maintenance Teams within the Hangar or Line Operation.General Duties* Support any OEM working party activities that may be required within the Workshop.
* Assist with on-going improvement and expansion initiatives.
* Mentor and support new staff.We need candidates to have some experience of working in the Aerospace industry, be it civil or military. Candidates will be working a 40 hour week - 08:00 - 16:30 and will be a long term position.If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up AviationDue to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion."Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow