Property Business Assistant
This role for a Property Business assistant has been released on a temporary basis for 5 months initiallyThe role is to cover busy reception desk at County Hall and assist in the FM back office.Main Duties:* To be responsible for the reception area, keeping all information for the public up-to-date and well stocked in accordance with Directorates that use the site. Update reception electronic display screen with current meeting room information on a daily basis.
* Keep-up-to date with Council activities and the information needed to carry out the role.
* To meet and greet visitors to the site, signposting both internally and externally. Control of site access for public and staff meetings, acting as a point of contact for members of the public who are distressed or in need assistance. Respond to individual difference and diversity requirements
* To manage the DBS appointments for drivers and personal assistants on behalf of the Transport Hub, ensuring support to these applicants and maintain the protocols relating to the procedure .
* Report building and maintenance issues to Property & Facilities ensuring recorded and calendared and escalated as necessary. Report MFD faults to contractor ensuring recorded and calendared and escalated as necessary.
* Manage deliveries to the site and contractors on site ensuring site security protocols are followed.
* Record, monitor and accept pool car and bike bookings following the correct procedures. To carry out daily checks on pool cars using the correct procedures. Liaise with contractor for cars and bikes with regards to repairs, maintenance and road worthiness.
* To provide postal services as required and implement the correct security and cost protocols. This also includes distribution of committee papers to Councillors in line with legal requirements.
* To act as team telephone point of contact.
* Where appropriate to be responsible for the movement of files between offices and secondary store in particular those for file retention purposes. Updating of file movements on relevant databases.
* To Carry out janitorial duties in the absence of the contractor and be responsible for organising minor repairs to site furniture.
* Providing consumables to the resource areas providing support to staff with MFD trouble shooting. Refreshing supplies to all the kitchens ensuring kitchens and notice boards are tidy and information up to date.
* When required to raise and process orders as requisitioner using the procurement system in accordance with properly authorised requests. Maintaining stationery supplies and stock levels throughout the site.
* Updating of statistics on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
* Processing of ID badges, update access control system and update staff database.
* Checking and accepting Meeting Room bookings and displaying daily diary sheets on meeting room doors. Book refreshments with suppliers as requested for meetings. Accepting other resources booking (e.g. TV/projector) following procedures. Meeting Rooms are tidied, restocked and put back to original layout.
* Support the provision of lockers and ensure locker management.
* For member/public meetings ensure compliance with the requirements of the County Council’s constitution setting up of meeting rooms and displays, beverages and the effective operation of projection, video conferencing, PA systems and other ICT equipment. Assist with staff and member functions and ceremonial duties including liaison with/assistance to Common Hall Café staff. Assist with arrangements to receive VIPs (out of hours working may be requested).
* Working with council colleagues, assisting staff and visitors to access hot desk facilities in line with countywide agile working protocols and ensure they are aware of resource/kitchen facilities and Health & Safety protocols.
* Assist with minor office moves within the locality including movement of small quantities of furniture and equipment within those offices.You should match the following criteria:* Previous property support experience including working in partnership with a contracted service and building management systems
* Basic Health & Safety knowledge
* Experience of working in a general office environment
* Experience of working within a front facing environment and dealing with telephone enquiries in a confident and competent manner.
* Experience of managing Health & Safety in the workplace.
* A working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and Outlook
* Data base management and ICT presentation understanding
* GCSE Grade C or Equivalent in English & Maths
* Health & Safety including emergency evacuation proceduresPlease send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now.---
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website