Best Interest Assessor (BIA) - Social Worker, OT, Psychologist
Best Interest Assessors (BIA) - Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP), Social Worker, Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Chartered Psychologist
Devon / Cornwall
£200 - £250 per AssessmentWe are currently looking to recruit experienced Best Interest Assessors (BIA). You will be paid between £200 – £250 for each Assessment.About The Role
The successful best interest’s assessor will be expected to:
• Respond to the need for applications to the Court of Protection for authorisation of DoLS as required.
• Participate in duties related to MCA, DoLS and the BIA role
• To function as a specialist professional resource on MCA, providing advice and support to colleagues, including mental health, learning disability, safeguarding adults, transitions and older people.
• Provide professional advice to other areas of the council.
• Coordinate the process of DoLS assessment from prioritisation of referrals, completion of assessments, identification of an appropriate level of authoriser in order that completed assessments are presented to the Supervisory Body within agreed timescales.
• Complete the Mental Capacity, Age, No Refusals and Best Interest assessments in line with the BIA role, MCA and its related codes of practice, as well as national and local guidance.
• Liaise with Mental Health and Eligibility Assessors taking account of their views before completing the assessment and final documentation.
• To consult with managing authorities and examine any relevant assessments and care plans prepared for the customer and use these to inform their assessments.
• To produce and maintain timely and comprehensive records in relation to assessments and all activity.
• Provide the supervisory body with assessments which are clearly written, with robust evidence and analysis about how the conclusions were reached and are unambiguous about whether there is a deprivation of liberty and whether this should be authorised.
• To attend meetings about individual customers as required and contribute to multi agency arrangements to assess, analyse and manage risk e.g. Safeguarding meetingsBenefits of the role
• Flexible working - ability to conduct assessments around existing work commitments.
• Additional earning potential
• Hugely rewarding as you help some of the most vulnerable people in society.RequirementsTo be considered for this role you must:
• Be an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP), Social Worker, Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Chartered Psychologist
• Have significant experience in BIA work.
• Be HCPC Registered
• Have 4 years post qualifying experience within the Mental Health Sector
• Have an enhanced DBS/CRB
• Have eligibility to work in the UKCaritas Mind is currently running a competitive referral scheme. For every successful referral we award £200 to the referee.Next Steps
If you're interested in this role forward an up-to-date copy of your
Please call Priscilla Ayodele for more details