Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) - Female
Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) – Female
Location: Ealing and Hounslow Offices, working both in-person and remotely.
Salary: £24,500 - £26,000 pa (incl. OLW) for FTE (37.5 hours/week) pro-rated for this post to £22,867 - £24,266 for 35 hours/week
Contract: Full time, FTC until February 2022
Hours: 35 hours per week
Are you passionate about making a difference to someone’s life?
EACH is a small charity with a large impact where it matters – on local people.
Our success is through our team of 50+ staff and volunteers, who are passionate and committed to empowering and enabling people to have better health and life choices.
We provide support to families affected by mental health, domestic violence and alcohol and substance misuse issues.
*Based on Section 7(2) (e) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 applies to this post there is a genuine occupational requirement for the successful candidate in this role to be a female.
We are looking for a specialist IDVA (BAME) female worker to provide information, support and advocacy to women form the BAME communities in Hounslow so that they are able to access the services they need and be able to make informed choices.
Working within a risk management approach, your role includes:
* Liaison and collaboration with referral agencies/professionals
* Assessing and undertaking safety planning utilising the CAADA-DASH framework
* Holding an active and full case-load to provide individualised support whilst working within a multi-agency approach
* Providing information and attending relevant meetings, e.g. MARAC
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
* Experience of supporting women from diverse backgrounds on domestic abuse
* Ability to develop and implement safety and support plans
* Ability to keep accurate records and provide reporting
* An understanding of needs of BAME women and be able to engage them
* Ability to hold a complex and varying case-load effectively and meet targets
Ability to speak in a relevant community language (e.g. Punjabi, Urdu, Polish, Somali, Hindi, Farsi) is desireable.
Deadline for applications: Noon 3 March 2021
Interviews via Zoom: 9 March 2021
EACH offers a 4% – 6% contributory pension scheme dependent on employee’s contributions and have a commitment to staff development and training. EACH is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Your CV will then be reviewed, and an application form will be sent to you. This must be completed; we do not accept CVs for interview.
No agencies please