Personal Advisor, Leaving Care
Personal Advisor, Leaving CareI am looking for a Leaving Care Personal Advisor to work in Hounslow, West London.The vacancy is full time (36 hours) and to start ASAP!The contract is initially 6 months with a chance of extension after that.The purpose of the role is to ensure that young people who have left care make a successful transition from childhood into adulthood. The role is to ensure good outcomes for young people over the age of 18 and to ensure that their life chances are enhanced. The Personal Adviser will provide support, advice and assistance to enable young people to maximise education, training, work and accommodation opportunities.To apply for this role you will need:
• Enhanced DBS
• Significant and substantial understanding of the needs of young people leaving care, including asylum seekers.
• Ability to manage your own caseload and progress your work using own initiative.Some of your duties will include:
• To work with care leavers with multiple and complex needs, including (but not limited to) social exclusion, poor education attainment, vulnerability to exploitation including CSE and gang involvement, sexually harmful behaviour, anti-social behaviour, substance misuse, poor mental health and unstable family relationships.
• To write reports (e.g. Pathway Plans inclusive of Needs Assessments), maintain up to date paper and computer records and attend any meetings in relation to young people to whom you are providing or have provided a service.
• To arrange and chair Personal Educational Plan for statutory school age young people.Working with Service Care Solutions comes with many benefits, including –
• A specialist consultant specific to you with a wide range of social work knowledge
• Excellent and competitive rates of pay
• An extensive range of exclusive Social Work vacancies available throughout the UK
• Expert payroll service processed twice per week
• Frequent job updates sent to you exclusively to meet your requirements
• £250 bonus offered for referring a friend to any job role
• Loyalty Bonus Scheme granting access to our rewards website which includes free gifts such as televisions, mobile phones and moreIf you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Nosheen at Service Care Solutions on (phone number removed) or emailService Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for regular Job Alerts and advice.