Residential Children's Home Manager - South London - 40/50k
Residential Children's Care Home Manager - South London - £40/£50k
Mbi Medical are pleased to be working with a private fostering agency in South London. who are currently looking for a Residential Children's Care Home Manager to join there team.
Purpose of Post
The post holder is responsible for all children and the staff within the home. He/she will manage the house’s resources to provide a positive living experience for the resident children. He/she will undertake the registered manager’s responsibilities under the Care Standards Act 2000, the Children’s Homes National Minimum Standards and the Children’s Home Regulations.
Deputy manager, Senior residential social workers, Residential care workers, Administrative staff, Domestic staff
Duties and Responsibilities
To supervise and offer constructive feedback and be involved in the assessment and supervision of staff.
To ensure children and young people are safeguarded as appropriate. To report/record safeguarding concerns under guidance and regulation and company policy.
To embody the organisational values in management behaviours and staff engagement.
To advise on policies and procedures to reflect the aims and objectives of the home, to develop systems for monitoring progress towards the achievement of such aims and objectives.
To ensure that services are delivered according to the Statement of Purpose for the home and guidance.
To access the development needs of young people and to monitor and improve the home’s support plan and practices for each young person.
To create an open and supportive atmosphere within the home between staff members and between staff and young people, to enable the growth and development of both staff and young people.
To ensure the home is safe and to provide a pleasant quality environment for the children.
To create and develop links between the community and the home to enable children to take part fully in the life of the local community.
To ensure children and staff are aware of all the procedures relating to complaints and concerns and how to activate them.
To recruit, train and develop staff to meet the objectives of the home in accordance with the statement of purpose, guidance and policy and procedures.
To manage and operate budgets within the agreed guidelines for the home.
To ensure the assessed needs of young people in the home are met on a day-to-day basis.
To contribute effectively to each child’s placement plan review and child in care review.
To ensure that the young person contributes as far as is feasible in the review process.
To ensure that there is a comprehensive plan for young people preparing to leave care.
* Flexibility of hours as there will be occasional contact out of regular working hours, occasional sleep-in duties are expected in the role.
* Responsible for understanding and promoting equal opportunities and the diversity policy.
Health and Safety
* To be responsible for the health and safety of young people and staff.
Person Specification for Residential Manager
* NVQ or Diploma Level 5 in Leadership & Management in Residential Children’s Services or equivalent
* Experience in Managing a Residential children’s service
* Because of Ofsted regulations, all employees in our Residential Service must be over 20 years of age;
* Experience of working within a children’s residential care setting or similar;
* Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Residential Service or equivalent;
* GCSE in Maths and English at C Grade or above;
* Physically fit;
* A resilient, enthusiastic and motivated person;
* Ability to lead staff teams effectively and confidently;
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
* Calm, approachable manner, adaptable and non-judgemental;
* Able to work under his own initiative and as part of a team;
* Excellent organisational skills;
* Knowledge of Child Protection & Safeguarding;
* Ability to drive and hold a current driving licence.
Qualifications Required (Desirable/Essential)
A Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (England)
Essential or a Diploma in Social Work (desirable)
Experience or understanding of working in a therapeutic environment