Senior BI Developer
Senior BI Developer (SAP/Guidewire) Remote Working £500 - £600 per day (Inscope of IR35)
Our client is currently looking for a Senior BI Developer to work on the BI workstream of a large programme of Change. The Senior BI Developer will be responsible for analysing user requirements, design and build of technical solutions. This will be focused on making enhancements to a core BI System and you will have experience of SAP DS, Oracle ODI and Guidewire (Ideally with knowledge of DataHub or PolicyCentre or BillingCentre). The Senior BI Developer will be able to work remotely.
Key Responsibilities for the Senior BI Developer
- Analyse business requirements and contribute to the artefacts produced in MI solution deliveries
- Contribute to the Solution Outline and Design documents produced for MI solutions
- Deliver solutions in line with the direction set by Design Authority Board
- Code and amend multiple and complex changes with due consideration of maintenance issues
- Ensure solutions are to the required quality and ensure that all performance, capacity and security considerations are considered in all developed designs and solutions
- Ensure high performance of all developed code and systems is of paramount importance
- Unit test changes to the system including design and execution of a complex, documented test plan
- Ensure successful implementation of complex changes into production including checking results
- To progress problems, including those outside own area of expertise by reference to procedures and/or precedents, or in the absence of tried and tested procedures and precedents, through to successful implementation of solution
- To enforce company standards, quality assurance process and system documentation
- Provide support to other members of the team
Key Experience needed for the Senior BI Developer
- Strong business analysis and technical software development skills are required in the translation of business requirements into real deliverables
- Experience in SAP DS and knowledge of Guidewire products, predominantly DataHub, but also benefiting for PolicyCentre and BillingCentre knowledge.
- Experience in both Oracle and in the ETL tool ODI.
- Extensive experience in developing high transactional Oracle applications
- Strong experience software version control tools such as CA SCM, Subversion
Please apply as directed!