Are you an Outstanding Science teacher looking for a long term teaching job in SW London/ Surrey?
The job comes with a light timetable and 2:30 finish every day!Tradewind Recruitment is currently looking for a dedicated, dynamic and ambitious Science Teacher to join an oversubscribed, large coeducational school in Surrey (just outside Sutton, SW London) for an immediate start.
This is a full time, long-term role replacing a teacher on Maternity leave. The school is in the fringe and the salary will be to scale or above (+ possible TLR) dependant on your experience and suitability.
Our client school is a co-educational 11-16 comprehensive in Surrey. Their goal is to provide the best possible standard of teaching and learning so that students have the necessary qualifications and skills to be successful in whatever future path they choose.
Parents and students love the calm and friendly atmosphere and purposeful classrooms. Staff work with dedication, building strong relationships that help each child achieve their very best. Students grasp with both hands the huge variety of extra-curricular opportunities available to them.
We are looking for:
· This OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ secondary school are looking for a Science Teacher who can teach KS3-4 General Science and who has excellent subject knowledge
· A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning throughout their role
· A collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through inventive approaches including curriculum design and the use of ICT
· The ability to teach Biology, Chemistry or Physics to A Level will also be an advantage.
The role: Teaching general science to students aged 11 – 16 with a wide range of ability levels.
Location: The school in Surrey is easily accessible by Rail or Car and parking is available on site.
The school offers:
Teachers at this school benefit from working with a dedicated team of professionals. You will also have your own laptop and access to outstanding lesson plans and resources.
As a Science teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
· Well-equipped Science labs with new equipment, good resources and access to new technologies.
· Experienced Science technicians on hand for technical support and help setting up practicals.
· A comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staffBy registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
• We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
• We care about your training and development more than any other agency – which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor
• Great referral scheme – recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
• Full interview preparation and assistance – so you’re fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
• Help with lesson planning - our support doesn’t stop once we’ve secured you a placement
• Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
• Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultantsTo join us and be successful in this General Science Teacher role you will need to:
• Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification
• Have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
• Have a CV that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
• Have the legal right to work in the UKClick ‘Apply now’ to be considered for this great position as a General Science teacher in Surrey. Or for more information about the role, contact Carlo Randazzo on (Apply online only) / We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. As a Tradewind employee you’ll have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer