Forward Model Chassis Design Engineer - 33332 - up to £25.41/hr
A Forward Model Design Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.Responsible for the design and development of feasible Dampers, Springs and damper modules concepts before handing over to the program delivery teams. Engineer is responsible for achieving performance targets compatible packaging solutions for their components to facilitate meeting dynamic and durability requirements. Close interaction is required across all suspension teams, other chassis functions, other business functions like Body or Powertrain and suppliers in order to achieve this.Key Responsibilities:- Ownership of creating concepts components/systems.
- Design of components to meet or exceed performance targets
- Design of components that adhere to departmental standards
- Effective planning and delivery of overall layout, detail design, durability and validation
- Derivation of Engineering Specifications, DFMEA, Delivery Timing Plans and Design Verification Plans (DVP).
- Create and maintain representative CAD.
- Supplier management, discussions and communications to achieve the business goals.
- Resolution of engineering issues throughout process (AIMS). Use of problem definition and 6 Sigma.Skills Required:3 KEY SKILLS:1 Chassis Suspension Experience
2 Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions
3 Demonstrated competence at engineering drawings and CAD models.Experience Required:
Failure Mode Avoidance ExperienceTo apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham