Cash Management Technician
We are currently seeking a Cash Management Technician to join our Financial Services Client based in Salisbury. This is the ideal position for those with previous Cash Reconciliations experience. Temporary remote working opportunities are available.
Our Client are a leading provider of Pension Administration services in the UK with around 650 employees across 5 locations; London, Salisbury, Bristol, Milton Keynes and Essex. As one of the first SIPP providers in the UK, they pride themselves on their wealth of experience and secure approach to retirement wealth planning.
The successful Cash Management Technician will:
A Cash Management Technician is responsible for the regular reconciliation of our Control Cash accounts, and the subsequent flow of cash to and from Client accounts. Their purpose is to ensure cash allocation rules, payment file processes and posting rules operate effectively for all Control Accounts and any exceptions are resolved by the business in a timely manner. The Cash Management Technician will report to the Operations Cash Controller within the Cash Management department of Operations. Success is this role will ensure the relevant Operational teams are fully following the procedures relevant to Cash Control Accounts and working to target SLAs, Control Accounts are fully reconciled on a timely basis, and good quality Management Information is provided to senior management within agreed deadlines.
Cash Management Technician role duties:
* Implement and manage the regular reconciliation of all entity Control Cash Accounts and work with relevant Control account owners to ensure exceptions are resolved in a timely manner.
* Contribute to the implementation and management of the schedule of all Client facing and Regulatory reports, providing close oversight of quality controls, meeting key deadlines and provision of Management Information
* Maintain existing allocation and posting rules for all entity Control Accounts
* Identify and report on any CASS 7 or SLA breaches
* Build and maintain relationships across departments within Operations, sharing knowledge of the pooled cash accounting model to ensure all processes that include cash transactions meet our desired customer outcomes
* Continued development of Operations procedures and policies to ensure the efficient management of client cash, liaising with Software supplier, Internal I.T and Business Analysts to develop new and further enhance control reporting and automation
* Continuously role model company’s values and behaviours, and inspiring others Regulatory Accountabilities
* Ensure all work carried meets the standards of the FCA conduct principles and where relevant the FCA’s Client Money (CASS) rules2
The ideal candidate will have:
* Ideally experience within a Wealth Manager undertaking a similar cash reconciliation role
* Understanding of FCA Rules and specifically CASS 7 Attributes
* Ability to prioritise and manage operating deadlines together with Regulatory Deadlines
* Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Flexible, Proactive and Self-confident
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication
* Strong knowledge of Excel, Word & PowerPoint