Our extremely successful Tier 1 Automotive client are seeking a Commercial Manager on a contract basis to manage a prestigious account, based in the Redditch area.Commercial ManagerRole Purpose:
• Lead designated elements within a global Account team to achieve both an effective customer relationship and the client’s business objectivesCommercial ManagerKey Responsibilities
• Represent the customer internally, providing information to the relevant functions and tracking responses to customer issues.
• Lead and/or provide input into the New Business Approval (NBA) and programme management business processes.
• Coordinate and manage timely information flow between the Account Team and supporting functions and GKN plants during bid phases
• Produce customer commercial proposals in accordance with the NBA process and authority limits and manage proposal iterations
• Prepare and deliver quotations and new propositions to the customer.
• Participate in negotiations.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth and current understanding of the customer including: market position; vehicle strategy; commodity purchasing; competitor activities, organisation.
• Assist in the development, implementation and updating of the customer strategy.
• Maintain a pricing database and communicate it to relevant internal functions/companies.
• Ensure the disclosure of information to the customer is in accordance with the policy.
• Assist in the identification and promotion of sales strategies.
• Provide input to the account planning process.
• Lead aspects of customer cost down initiatives.
• Maintain account performance data and explore variances to budget.
• Understand the implications of customer agreements, contacts and licences.
• Adhere to internal authorisation processes and promote awareness of them.
• Follow relevant product selection procedures.
• Monitor and measure, both informally and formally, the customer’s perception of the business
• Provide input for the maintenance of an up-to-date profile of the customer’s “spider”.
• Participate in the customer contact plan.
• Participate in the provision of ‘best practice’ advice on our engineering.
• Utilise opportunities to promote the benefits of full service supply initiatives with the customer.
• Utilise opportunities to be involved in broader vehicle activities of the customer. Utilise opportunities to network throughout the customer.
• Utilise opportunities to extend and enhance the customer relationship through visits and technical days.
• Support the integration of resident engineers in the customer’s organisation