Maternity Cover - PAYE Contract
The mission of the Audit Department is to provide an independent, objective opinion to the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes within the company; objectively giving the Organisation reasonable assurance on the degree of control of its operations, as well as providing advice for improving control of risks and creating added value by improving performance.
The Internal Audit team has been set up as part of the Non-Asset organisation within the company. This team will operate in addition to teams undertaking audit activities within the Asset organisations.
The auditor role is a key participant in meeting this core business requirement.
* Support the Audit Leader and team in undertaking Compliance, SOX and audit activities - Due Diligence assessments; GDPR Data Privacy Impact Assessments, Compliance and risk mapping support.
* Due Diligence - Undertake due diligence assessments on third parties
* Undertake GDPR Data Privacy impact Assessments (DPIA)
* Assist with fortnightly GDPR sub committee meetings - Preparation of key metrics and maintain accurate GDPR documentation
* Assist with the implementation of a GDPR monitoring program
* Assist with awareness campaigns and training (Conflict of Interests, Due Diligence, Gifts & Hospitality & GDPR)
* Regularly update the internal company website on GDPR & Compliance activities
* Assist the Audit Leader in risk mapping exercises covering business and compliance risk workshops
SOX Activity Level Control Testing:
* Work closely with the SOX Audit Lead to ensure all SOX ALC deadlines are successfully achieved.
* Perform independent and objective assessments of control effectiveness based on SOX methodology.
* To ensure information in the database and Company Management System is reliable and up to date.
Joint Venture Audit:
* Support the Audit Leader and business to agree Non-Op JV audit plan, scope, expectations, and timetable. Participate in the audit if required.
Our Client is one of the world's largest Oil and Gas companies. Their operations cover the entire energy chain, including oil exploration and production to trading, shipping and refining and marketing of petroleum products, as well as chemicals. Our Client has operations in over 130 countries and has more than 95,000 employees worldwide.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
* Knowledge of GDPR preferred
* Experience of Compliance activities in the oil and gas sector
* Ability to plan and manage time effectively
* Ability to analyse information, draw conclusions and present recommendations logically
* Results-driven and motivated to ensure successful conclusion of task with a positive, team based contribution
* Effective communicator with strong influential and decision-making skills to deliver common goals and objectives.
* Set of values based on recognised standards, objectivity, integrity, confidentiality and respect for others
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application