Function - Projects and Engineering
Site visits - Algeria
Reports to - Project Manager / Projects and Engineering Director (Dependent on Scope)
Direct Reports - Discipline Engineers including Electrical, Instrument , Process, Mechanical, Civil, Materials
The Projects and Engineering department will support any new greenfield / brownfield projects for the Algerian region. Currently, in Algeria there is one operating Asset. There are several projects being executed at various stages including de-bottlenecking, reliability improvement projects and a Phase 2 development (16 well tie-back), which will include the design, installation and commissioning of a new plant extension.
The role of the Engineering Manager is to effectively support the projects that are being executed by providing technical direction and assurance to ensure safety, integrity and project objectives are met efficiently. Dependant on the size of the project, the Engineering Manager will report either to the Project Manager, or to the Projects and Engineering Director. Irrespective, they will be the responsible person for ensuring all necessary resources and requirements are in place to support all engineering and design activities in support of the overall Project objectives.
The Engineering Manager will have to show technical competence across a number of disciplines, but will also be part of the leadership team being able to work with the rest of the project execution team(s) as well as the internal and external stakeholders.
PROJECT EXECUTION / MANAGEMENT
* Provide input to cost estimates and execution plans for each of the projects.
* Responsible for TQ, Management of Change, development of basis of design and statement of requirements for facility modifications / projects.
* Responsible for the execution of engineering deliverables including the engineering execution plan, schedule, budget, document controls and personnel staffing.
* Identifies problems and coordinates with the engineering team to correct.
* Reviews work with Asset, management and project leads. Will lead and ensure the Scope of Work is fully defined and agreed with the Asset. Any areas of concern / uncertainty will be identified and recorded.
* Administrative and technical management of the Project Engineering team on a project.
* Ensures work is being coordinated between the other departments, offices, fabrication and construction to meet project requirements. External Contractors working on the projects (in relation to Engineering) will be the responsibility of the Engineering Manager. To ensure that the contractors engineering and design are delivering in line with Company / Country standards.
* Understands contractual requirements and communicates to the Engineering Team.
* Proactively ensures effective management of change.
* Ensures all engineering reporting is completed to required standards, and on time.
* Ensures that engineering and subcontractor queries are acted upon quickly and facilitated to minimise impact on project objectives.
* Assist project manager in maintaining good dialogue with external stakeholders and internal management
The Job will initially be based in Aberdeen which will be the "hub" for all project activities for Algeria. However, regular travel to site (near Adrar in Algeria) will be required as well as travel to Algiers.
Occasional travel may be required to vendor / Contractor sites dependent on the scope.
For the next phase of the development, travel / temporary relocation will be required at the FEED / EPCI contractors offices (will be within Europe).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree qualified Engineer in a relevant discipline with more than 15 years of industry experience with at least 5 of those in a supervisory/management role.
* Demonstrable experience in E & P operational environment, with previous North Africa experience a requirement.
* Demonstrable experience in engineering studies at conceptual and FEED stages for onshore plants, as well as having performed end to end design activities in support of major project execution.
* Awareness of Algerian legislation and best practice (e.g. verification, safety case, design codes)
* Demonstrable cross-discipline expertise (both within the engineering disciplines but also having integrated with subsurface and drilling teams).
* Ability to manage significant budgets and contracts (>$1 million) working within projects of smaller also projects of several hundred million dollars.
* Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation both in written and in a verbal mode of presentati
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application