* Ensuring that standards, specifications and guidelines pertaining to the Instrumentation and Control discipline conform to the requirements of relevant industry legislation, standards, and guidance
* Effective prioritisation of ops support/own projects and tasks to ensure delivery on time and within budget
* Provide specialist support and advice to other departments within the organisation; including, Operations, HES, Decommissioning, IT, F&A, Commercial, and Drilling.
The candidate shall have had previous experience executing control and instrumentation project work in the oil and gas industry.
* General control of project work including look-ahead planning, controlling budgets and schedules, change control, estimating activities, document management system set-up and weekly progress reporting
* Reviewing client and international standards and ensuring project compliance
* Developing project functional requirements specifications for control systems, SIS, F&G and instrumentation
* Carry out feasibility studies and reviewing design alternatives
* Develop instrument databases
* Participate in design reviews including HAZOP SIL/LOPA, hazardous area, constructability, etc.
* Perform calculations for intrinsic safety, SIL verification, flow metering sizing, valve sizing, thermowells, etc.
* Manage the preparation of design deliverables
* Develop the control and instrumentation content of piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs)
* Liaise with and manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines; process, electrical, mechanical, piping and civils and architectural
* Interface with clients' engineering representatives
* Prepare subcontract requisitions for E&I installation and testing.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Minimum 10 years of Oil and Gas industry experience
* Degree in an Engineering discipline although relevant experience or related qualification will also be considered
* Detailed knowledge and experience with design and operation of Oil and Gas installations, including DCS, ESD, F&G, and process instrumentation for use in hazardous area environments
* Experience in provision of engineering support to offshore operations
* Experience in planning and delivery of technical projects
* Strong teamwork and communication skills.
* Self-starter who drives for results
* Fully conversant with relevant industry legislative requirements, standards, and guidance
* TUV Certified (Preferred)
* Chartered Engineer Status, or working toward this
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application