Senior Electrical Engineer
Booth Welsh have an exciting contract position for a Senior Electrical Engineer! Ideally based in Montrose but this can be flexible.
* Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is a must.
* Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chartered or working towards Chartered Status - ideal but not essential
Details of the role:
As a member to our Electrical Engineering team, we are looking for a talented individual with a wide range of professional skills. This role requires you to be experienced in controlling multiple projects with strict deadlines.
With a strong client interface you will need to have a wide degree of knowledge & considerable experience within a industrial/commercial environment.
Oil and Gas,Distillery, Petrochemical and Pharmaceutical/fine chemical consulting sector experience would be ideal.
* Actively lead the design and co-ordinate of electrical improvements projects
* Review, estimate and design electrical requirements for all projects
* Manage the approvals of electrical project documentation
* Ensure all appropriate technical reviews are undertaken with head office and key stakeholders
* Design and construction of high and low voltage electrical system, switchgear and plant.
* Specification of Hazardous Area Electrical Equipment for Area classification.
* Knowledge and understanding of Atex certification and IP ratings.
* Surveying without assistance of LV Switchgear and control panels for brownfield upgrades.
* Wide experience of LV design including, fault levels, protection grading, short circuits, surge protection, diversity, discrimination and co-ordination.
* Good understanding of Load schedules, SLDs, Cable schedules, schematics, and drive schedules.
* Wide knowledge of containment systems, cable selection and sizing for design and protection requirements.
* MCC specifications, procurement, vendor review and FAT/SAT document preparation and attendance.
* Experience with motor starters, DOL, star/delta, forward/reverse, VSD and soft starts.
* VSD experience including, harmonics, chokes and EMC filter selection.
* Trace heating, lighting, UPS systems, ESD systems and Fire alarm systems.
* Interface with PLC and DCS systems both hardwired and communications connected.
* Worked in highly regulated environment, with considerable exposure to GMP a distinct advantage.
* Excellent communications skills and a track record of the development of good working relationships with all levels of an organisation internally and with consultants and contractors. Highly developed team working skills and strong interpersonal skills.
* Operational electrical technical knowledge including experience in manufacturing would be advantageous