Our client based in Montrose are looking for a Mechanical Fitter to join their team on an ongoing basis.
As a Mechanical Fitter in our Rig Aftermarket site, Montrose, you will take a customer service approach with a view that the services you provide are there to support the efficient management of your workspace and production environment.
As a Mechanical Fitter you will be responsible for Disassembling, inspecting, rebuilding and testing various company Rig Technologies Equipment. You will support, improve and lead on-time assembly & testing of Equipment as well as innovative idea generation and creative, efficient problem solving.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
* Be proficient with the use of engineering measuring tools – Micrometres, Vernier Gauges, Dial Indicators.
* Carry out work instructions as given by Supervisor, e.g. work specifications, equipment operation.
* Complete Facility maintenance tasks as directed by supervisor.
* Ensure all job-related QA Plans, Work scopes, Route Carts, Inspection Reports, Test Reports and Build sheets are filled out as the job progresses.
* Conduct equipment Testing / FATs in accordance with NOV procedures.
* Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
* Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
* Support key initiatives such as on time delivery, schedule attainment, cost of quality
* Generate and implement improvement ideas and encourage idea generation among team members and stop work for safety and escalate concerns.
* Carry out trouble shooting of Equipment / Systems and be familiar with and use of proactive root cause problem solving (Fishbone / 5Ys etc.)
* Support all NCR reporting.
* Willingly assist Supervisor to eradicate identified potential areas of non-conformance.
* Respond to identified process improvements and implement them willingly.
* Actively engaging in positive discussions regarding potential problematic areas at daily team brief meetings.
* Report discrepancies in job procedures, processes and route times as soon as they are identified. Communicate them to the Supervisor and implement changes when requested.
* Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
* Action all tasks assigned to maintain high levels of target achievement as designated by Supervisor.
* Accountable for the correct movement of job components through the workflow process ensuring items are staged in designated areas at all times.
* Operate designated machines safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
* Take part and contribute in toolbox talks.
* Actively take part in the company competency program.
* Maintain housekeeping (clean, safe, a place for everything & everything in its place) in your allocated areas at all times
Qualifications & Experience
* Time served apprenticeship or HNC in a relevant subject or Higher education in a relevant subject
* Woking knowledge within an oil & gas, heavy plant, factory machinery or mechanical aerospace environment.
* Working knowledge of Pressure Equipment
* Working knowledge of Hydraulic systems
* Pressure testing Experience
* Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings