On behalf of our client, a progressive and growing organisation, based in Antrim, we have a new opportunity for a Pricing and Risk Analyst for a 9 month contract.
This role will suit an individual with a relevant degree or experience in financial functions or Analytics.
Should a permanent vacancy arise during the course of the contract, the successful candidate will be offered the position. The successful candidate will also be kept on a reserve list for 12 months and will be offered similar positions.
Reporting to the Pricing & Risk Manager, the Pricing and Risk Analyst will proactively support pricing and risk activities in Northern Ireland.
• Manage the company’s trade books in line with Risk Management Policy and agreed hedging strategies
• Model demand assumptions to ensure optimal purchase of product, supporting the delivery of gross margin objectives for domestic and commercial sectors
• Liaise with Commercial Sales Team ensuring accurate alignment of purchasing activity to commercial contracts
• Ensure purchases are executed and on time, in line with Risk Management Policy Support development and management of energy price risk and purchasing policies and procedures Keep up to date with global natural gas market conditions, with particular focus on UK wholesale prices and underlying market fundamentals
• Ensure trade books are fit for purpose, with focus on data quality and data management
• Be the first point of contact for the Commercial Sales and Billing Teams, and also for large commercial customers, ensuring highest standard of service and customer purchasing requirements are delivered effectively
• Provide analytical support to the company energy tariff reviews
• Keep up to date with all relevant regulatory obligations
• Operational management of Trading Services Agreement with 3rd party provider
You will need:
* Relevant 3rd Level qualification. Alternatively, 5 years’ experience in a financial or analytical role
* Self-confidence, discipline and a commercial approach
* Professional outlook, demonstrating strong communication and analytical skills
* Proven ability to successfully identify improvement opportunities, generate ideas and successfully implement solutions
* Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently and prioritise workload with excellent IT, communication and interpersonal skills
The post holder can expect a salary around £24,000 PA and a great range of benefits including:
A performance related award of up to 15% of basic salary. Holidays: 25 days annual leave, plus 10 statutory days & 2.5 ‘company days’. Group stakeholder pension scheme – 4% minimum Employee Contribution, 8% Employer Contribution. Life Assurance. Private Medical Insurance. Group Income Protection. Gym Subsidy. Sickness Absence. Employee Assistance and Vocational Rehabilitation Programmes provided free of charge.
Further details are available to applicants.
To express an interest please send your CV to Patricia in by clicking on the link. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer