Security Operative – Belfast
We are currently recruiting a Security Operative in Belfast within a local council.
Your main responsibilities will be to ensure the physical integrity of all council properties, and that access to these properties is effectively controlled. Monitoring and maintaining the council’s CCTV and alarm monitoring systems and infrastructure in order to protect the security and integrity of valuable council built assets. You will be assisting visitors to the council’s buildings in terms of finding and accessing services, and providing a first point of contact outside normal business hours, protecting against loss to the council through fire, flood, fraud, theft, criminal or malicious damage and other forms of loss or waste; and, preventing, deterring and/or detecting crime or anti social behaviour on council property and the promotion of a safe, harmonious and welcoming environment for Members, staff and visitors.
You will be;
1. Ensuring that access to assigned council properties is properly controlled and monitored and that the physical integrity of all council built assets is maximised.
2. Patrolling all assigned premises, perimeters and grounds, and to using all associated systems, hardware or equipment as directed and to record maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the relevant records and log books in a professional manner and in sufficient detail.
3. Monitoring and recording CCTV images as directed, keeping the CCTV infrastructure under continuous review to ensure that it is serviceable and reporting any hardware, software or communications faults to line management.
4. Providing an initial, proactive point of contact and information for members of the public accessing council properties and implementing all customer-management policies developed by the unit in this regard
5. Carrying out searches of people and vehicles seeking entry to council property if so directed, and to keep all associated records as required.
6. Routinely work at all council sites and locations as directed on the basis of the rotas developed by the section from time to time, and to participate in the operation of any pool arrangements.
It is essential that all candidates ;
(a) possess current, subsisting licences issued by the Security Industry Authority (SIA) for both Door Supervision/Security Patrolling activities and Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) activity; and
• are able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year’s relevant experience, gained in the workplace, in at least two of the following four areas:
(b) manned guarding and patrolling;
(c) access control;
(d) CCTV and alarm monitoring; and, or
(e) dealing with members of the public, in person.
Hours of work are 37 hours per week 9am – 17:30pm. Working on a rota.
If you wish to apply please send a copy of you CV over to Keira Timothy-Smith at Service Care Solutions , Keira.timothy- or feel free to call Keira on (phone number removed)