Hours: Permanent Fixed term until 1st Aug 2020 (working 37 hours a week)
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and their families – but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
Intensive Supervised Structured Care (ISSC) work with vulnerable and high risk young people aged 11 to 19 with significant social, emotional and behavioural needs. By helping them understand their behaviour, social issues and emotional wellbeing, they are supported to make safe and positive choices. This includes therapeutic intervention, individual and group work programmes, life skills and support to access education/training.
As an Assistant Residential Worker you will work as part of a team to deliver high quality, person centred residential care under the GIRFEC framework. You will have a strong focus on risk assessment in way which empowers young people and builds resilience, whilst at the same time ensuring their safety. You will demonstrate a high standard of person centred practice, have good social care values and be a strong role model to the young people.
You'll significantly improve young people's lives:
* By having a good understanding of the challenges faces by vulnerable, care experienced young people.
* By having a good understanding of the challenges of working within in a residential childcare setting.
* By contributing to care plans and risk assessments.
* By having good communication skills and the ability to engage well with both service users, colleagues and other professionals
* By being a creative thinker and having a solution focused approach.
* By using your skills, knowledge and experience to meet the ever changing needs of the young people.
* The ability to adapt to challenging situations and make decisions under pressure.
* The ability to evidence a good standard of written and verbal communication.
* Experience of engaging with young people.
* An understanding of risk assessment in a residential setting.
* Good organisational skills and the ability to work to timescales
* Professionalism and an understanding of appropriate professional boundaries.
* A fun, enthusiastic personality and a passion for working with children
* A knowledge of GIRFEC and outcomes based models of practice and service delivery.
* A full UK driving license is desirable but not essential
* A SVQ Level 3 in social care is desirable ( candidates with strong experience without a qualification will be considered)
* SSSC registration.
Minimum 29 days' holiday
Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
Season ticket travel loans
Company pension scheme
Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
Please contact Anne Marie Wilson at anne.marie- or call her on (phone number removed) for more information about this role.
Interviews will be held on 10th July 2019.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy