Position: Ecological Clerk of Works
Based: Site-based in Ayrshire
Type: Fixed-term Contract, Full-Time or Part-Time
Salary: up to £27.5k pro rata
We are looking for an experienced Environmental Clerk of Works (ECoW) to join our Scotland Ecology Team, to work on an exciting infrastructure project. This is a site-based post, on the West Coast of Scotland near Ayr and Glasgow (for a full time position), involving detailed ecological surveys, protected species licencing and reporting. It offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious ECoW looking for a flexible position with a progressive Employer.
We also have other EcoW opportunities, so we would be keen to hear from candidates interested in similar roles elsewhere in Scotland.
* Monitoring protected species on site with the ability to recognise when a topic specific expert is required and call upon them to provide support from colleagues within RPS;
* Protect the client’s interests by offering timely, appropriate and competent advice to promote high environmental performance on the sites in conformance with all permits and licenses;
* Maintaining records of ecological sensitivites, issues requiring action and advice provided, to ensure mitigation and legal requirements are met; and
* Monitoring and advising on, pollution prevention measures.
* Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or significant on the job experience;
* Experience of applying ecological principles to construction projects and working knowledge of surveying and reporting;
* Sound understanding of environmental mitigation, water management and other pollution prevention techniques;
* Experience of working on Infrastructure or large construction sites, preferably in Scotland;
* Competence in survey and mitigation design for protected species;
* A comprehensive understanding of SEPA CAR Regulations, relevant guidance and environmental legislation;
* Hold a CSCS card and full driving license; and
* Strong report writing, presentation and communication skills are essential.
What we offer you:
We provide a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself, to become part of RPS’ highly respected ecology team.
With over 10 years expertise providing EcoW support to clients across Scotland, we can give you access to expert support, and a pipeline of further infrastructure projects. We invest in our team to develop peoples’ careers, to innovate and collaborate and promote continuing professional development.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits
including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships.
At RPS, our Ecology Team work on a variety of projects, from resolving bat issues in individual homes to delivering all ecological surveys for large-scale complex commercial developments including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP). We undertake all aspects of ecological consultancy and ensure compliance with environmental regulations and statutory requirements.
We are a part of a leading global professional services firm that’s 5,600 people strong, and which includes a team of over 200 ecologists worldwide. Working together, we define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world