Building Maintenance Officer – Northern Ireland
Nayr Recruitment have a requirement for a Building Maintenance Officer in Northern Ireland, Co Antrim on a contract basis for 6 months.
MAIN DUTIIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To carry out regular inspections of properties in relation to a maintenance programme and where necessary in response to requests for routine maintenance.
* To assist in the preparation of a maintenance programme.
* To prepare written reports and estimates of costs.
* To prepare Condition Reports on all Buildings and Grounds elements of the Authority’s property holdings at regular intervals.
* To prepare specifications, tender documents, etc. and seek tenders for all aspects of maintenance and minor improvement works.
* To issue Works Orders via the Authority's computerised Estate Management System as required.
* To certify accounts for payments. To allocate, supervise, and certify invoices for work carried out under the Authority’s Term Service Contracts as required.
* To inspect work in progress and correspond with contractors in relation to defects in works or materials.
* To plan, record and monitor expenditure within an approved budget.
* To ensure that all aspects of Health and Safety requirements are complied with by Contractors in relation to workmen, property occupants and the general public
* To attend court where necessary in relation to claims against the Authority under the Health and Safety at Work Act and other related issues.
* To co-operate as required in the introduction, development and operation of any Information Technology and Health and Safety legislation relevant to the post.
* To provide practical guidance and assistance to schools/colleges on all Building and Grounds maintenance matters as required.
* To supervise and manage technicians.
Successful candidates must have:
* HNC / HND or equivalent in building studies or other relevant discipline with a minimum 2 years’ post qualified experience in a building maintenance related discipline or a minimum of 3 years’ post qualified experience in a building construction related discipline.
* Have an ONC or equivalent in Building Studies or other relevant discipline with a minimum of 4 years’ post qualified experience in a building maintenance related discipline or a minimum of 3 years’ post qualified experience in a building construction related discipline.
* Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Building Maintenance or an Estates Management role in the education sector.
* Experience in Building Surveying duties, including undertaking building surveys and preparing specifications
* Proven ability to achieve challenging targets and objectives through the engagement of teams.
Demonstrable commitment to continuous personal and
Security Clearance: BPSS (Enhanced Disclosure)
Successful candidates must have access to their own transport and hold full driving licence.
Rate will be between £16.29 - £17.56 per hour PAYE.
Enhancled Disclosure required.
If interested then please apply