Large public sector organisation in the Bedfordshire area are looking for an interim Head Of Service within there capital projects team.
You will manage an intelligent client' service for the large and complex construction projects ensuring they meet the time, budget and quality requirements of our customers. The projects include new builds as well as major refurbishments and range in value from £1m to £40M with no two jobs the same. The team is currently managing around 20 projects with a value of over £200m, with a further 15 projects in the pipeline.
The work will be high profile and you will need to build strong relationships with our Customers, Senior Officers and Councillors who have high expectations of the service, so you can help them translate their ambitions into delivered schemes.
We are currently procuring a Design and Project Management Partner that you will contract manage, alongside additional recruitment to the internal team to make sure the capacity is in place to meet the ambitious plans.
Your qualifications, skills and experience
- You will have experience in construction management, having successfully managed delivery of capital construction projects valued up-to £40m, preferably in the public sector.
- You will understand delivery strategies, procurement and contract options for construction projects, with experience of high value procurement (including outcome-based commissioning), JCT and NEC contracts, contract management and awareness of contract enforcement.
- You must be able to lead a project and portfolio management methodology for construction projects, with experience of project programming, estimating fees, managing resources, risk and issues across all RIBA stages.
- You will have knowledge and experience of managing internal and external construction professionals.
- You will have good working knowledge of statutory regulations relevant to capital projects, including CDM 2015 the building regulations, and Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations.
- With good political and commercial awareness, and strong communication skills, you will have a gift for influencing others, translating technical information into plain language, working together and be committed to evidence-based decision making.
- You must be able to lead the service in a way that reflects the Councils values. Customer Friendly. Efficient. Connected.
The IR35 status is currently uknown on the position and the client will accept rates inside and outside of IR35.
Initial contract of three months with likely extension.
If you would like to discuss the role further call Oliver at Eden Brown on (phone number removed).
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy