phone number removed)
Operational Commissioning Officer
£33 per hour
Our client is looking for an experienced Operational Commissioning Officer.
The operational commissioning team sits within Strategy and Commissioning and serves as the placement finding function of the council. The service works closely with a range of teams across the council, as well as external partners, in order to achieve sufficiency of placements for our vulnerable adults, our looked after children and care leavers. To support the Commissioning Manager with the operational commissioning function for Adult Social Care and Children’s services, support commissioning projects and other areas that effect Adult Social Care and Children’s budgets e.g. Project management of commissioning shared support services, dealing with Ordinary Residence.
Contribute to aspects of safeguarding projects to ensure service quality is maintained, liaising with safeguarding and commissioning teams in other areas. Under direction of the Commissioning Manager provide advice and support to frontline practioners on all aspects of commissioning and market knowledge concerning suitable providers, and expanding customer choice. Support the efficiency savings group with identified saving targets
1. Review and benchmark existing commissioned services, where appropriate negotiate fee reduction
2. Attend and contribute to Social Care Forums and cost panels
3. Lead fee negotiation for new services using the Care Funding Calculator and other costing tools
4. Support Adult Social Care and Children’s services teams with placements, by sourcing appropriate placements and other provision by exception in line with Council and Legal requirements
5. Record achieved efficiencies and report via efficiency saving group. Propose further areas of potential cost savings
6. Lead on the commissioning of complex services e.g. where a number of service users may be pooling different personal budgets, via referral from frontline services
7. Maintain local service options minimise out of county placements, lead on bringing people back to locality, and develop local services to meet complex social care needs. Support customers and practioners to find appropriate placements that maximise independence and choice
8. Project manage the decommissioning of existing services. e.g. de-registration of Adult services and service closures where required
9. Attend all the departmental meetings relating to Commissioning as required.
10. Maintain future needs information in relation to frameworki and department requirements
11. Inform the Future needs re up and coming needs to be met to consider commissioning in county and joint commissioning
12. To undertake other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as required.
A project management qualification, e.g. PRINCE2
Competent in use of IT and in particular of Microsoft suite of products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Excellent communication skills – written and oral
Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence at all levels, including senior managers and partners
Good planning and organisational skills, and ability to manage own and others’ workloads to achieve desired outcomes
Good problem solving skills and ability to identify and implement appropriate solutions
Broad understanding of local government structures and functions
Knowledge of Ofsted inspection frameworks in use within Children’s Services
Knowledge of Council’s financial regulations and how they may effect procurement
Please only apply if you have the necessary skills, experience and expertise. The first part of our recruitment process is to send your CV