Simply Education are now recruiting for a Key Stage 2 leader/coordinator to start in September 2018 in a lovely primary school based in Reading.
The successful candidate must be able to carry out the below requirements and hold at least 5 years’ experience within education and key stage 2 learning.
General Provisions The post holder is:
• to carry out the duties of a class teacher as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions of Employment Act Guidance;
• To meet the Teacher’s Standards
• To be responsible for the learning, teaching and pupil welfare of pupils across KS2
•To be accountable to the Headteacher. 1. Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge pupils
• To contribute to our Rights respecting whole school ethos.
• To develop a learning environment that reflects high expectations e.g. organised resources; engaging displays. 2. Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
• Monitor, review and assess children’s progress in accordance with national requirements and maintain pupils and class records according to the school policies.
• Respond to the social, emotional and academic needs of each pupil (nurture).
• Understand how children learn best and develop, in line with our learning and teaching policy.
• Implement our learning behaviours. 3. Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
• To develop opportunities for applying literacy, numeracy and ICT skills across the curriculum.
• To develop children’s social, emotional, spiritual and cultural learning opportunities. 4. Plan and teach well-structured lessons
• Plan, prepare and organise work for the class in accordance with the school policies and requirements of core and foundation subjects of the National Curriculum.
• Set homework that is engaging, differentiated and develops learning in line with our homework policy. Stick objective and task in book and mark homework.
• To keep learning platform updated
To lead subjects across the whole school. Adapt teaching to respond to strengths and needs of all pupils
• Provide engaging and challenging learning experiences and activities for individuals, groups and the whole class appropriate to the needs of the children.
Set achievable targets for each child in the class, taking into account each child’s individual learning needs. 6. Make accurate and productive use of assessment
To implement the assessment for learning cycle within each lesson and identify each child’s next step for learning, through the implementation of our assessment policy.
• To make accurate teacher assessments, which are triangulated and evidenced-based.
• To ensure all children are supported to make progress.
• To prepare children for end of key stage assessments and transition to high school. 7. Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
• To develop a positive classroom environment in which children are well managed and develop the confidence to thrive through the implementation of our behaviour policy.
• To contribute to the general supervision of all children within the school.
• To follow the school’s guidance for safeguarding children. 8. Fulfil wider professional duties
• To provide and contribute to oral and written assessments and reports relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils to parents and other agencies.
• To liaise with parents on a day to day basis and participate in organised consultation meetings.
• To participate in the agreed policy and procedure for appraisal.
• To take responsibility for improving teaching but responding to advice and feedback and actively seeking to further own professional development.
• To work with and manage teaching assistants within the classroom.
• To manage a budget for classroom resources.
• To adhere to the code of conduct for staff.
• To support and work with colleagues.
• To lead colleagues in KS2. Personal and Professional Conduct
• To behave in a manner outlined in the teacher’s standards.
• To take into account our policy for social networking and acceptable use of ICT.
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If this is the role for you then get in touch today by simply pressing ‘apply’ or contacting Holly on (Apply online only)