The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
* To ensure all site activities are undertaken in full accordance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and company policies.
* To assume responsibility for the successful development and operational management of the installation activities.
* To ensure that the scope is delivered in the most expedient and efficient manner to deliver maximum value to the project.
* To recruit and develop a highly motivated workforce, capable of undertaking multi-discipline (mechanical and electrical) works.
* To provide day-to-day management for the allocated site staff and subcontractors, ensuring that all schemes are being effectively delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
* To participate in monthly financial reviews for the scheme with the Project Team.
* To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures.
* To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
* To closely liaise with the Project Delivery team and the supply chain, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
* Liaison with client’s staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
* Attend internal and external review and progress meetings, including being an active participant in Collaborative Planning.
* Attend site visits/meetings.
* Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
* Prepare estimates and quotations
* Complete contract documentation
* Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
* To ensure all contract documentation such as, “As built” drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and timescales
Skills and experience
* A proven track record of successfully delivering schemes of varying size in terms of quality, programme and financial performance.
* The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel.
* The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of our clients.
* To have a good understanding of contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
* To be able to manage multiple contracts of varying size and nature.
* To be able to prepare accurate reports detailing programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes.
* An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent and SMMTS and CSCS [Black Card].
* Ability to obtain a EUSR “Blue Card” and have a clear DBS check.
* Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
* Commercial and contractual awareness
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Be able to organise yourself and others workload
* Be able to work in a strong team environment
* Be proactive in your approach
* An excellent communicator
* A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application