Change Management Lead – IT Transformation – FTC - Reading
We are looking for a Change Management Lead to join a major utilities company in Reading, currently undergoing a transformation of its IT service and support landscape. This entails significant change across all major IT lines of service and includes the stand up of an in-house capability based around Service Integration and Management.
The IT Change Analyst will be responsible for all change management process and governance activities. The purpose of the process is to control the lifecycle of all changes, enabling beneficial changes to be made with minimum disruption to IT services. This will include managing change through the change life cycle from change creation and validation through to post implementation review and closure, reviewing results from the work carried out, analysing post implementation Reviews (PIR) for changes, and identifying areas of improvement for the future. This is a diverse and exciting role covering all areas of business and IT services.
Change Management Lead – IT Transformation - Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of the change management process, policies, procedures and guidelines and assist in determining of the category of the change based on the business impact and the business risk and the level of final approval required.
- Ensure that the change management process is consistently followed across the change management function and that full process compliance is achieved across the change analysts in the team.
- Change management team -coordinate the change management analysts to support the change manager to cover all 24/7 change management operations and activities to ensure minimal disruption to business services
- Co-ordinate change approvals liaising between approvers and initiators and assist in reviewing all implemented completed changes to ensure that they have met their objectives.
- Constantly monitor designated change queue, take action where necessary and process requests to ensure response to change requests is within the agreed timescales.
- Assist in the provision of regular, transparent and accurate reporting on all change management activities against agreed KPIs and performance criteria.
- Support the creation of appropriate levels of change awareness across the business and ensure that relevant change business impacts are understood alongside details of the work being carried out and the change outage required.
- Ensure that every change has an appropriate risk assessment to assist in the determination of the change category.
- Support the collaboration with the operational risk and compliance manager to identify risks and issues that arise from the change management process
- Assist in the development and making recommendations for CSI to improve overall process delivery.
Change Management Lead – IT Transformation - Skills and Experience:
- Experience in change management adhering to ITIL/ITSM standards and at least one year of team leader responsibilities
- Ability to deliver continuous improvement against agreed criteria and measurement of the successful outcome.
- Experience working with a team spread over multiple locations as part of an outsourced arrangement
- An understanding of configuration management and how this is closely linked with change management to be effective in the provision of IT services.
- You will need to have worked in a complex environment across the business holistically and be used to handling high volume change with project BAU.
- Broad knowledge of basic IT technologies, IT operations management, customer service techniques and stakeholder process design management.
The right candidate will have great initiative, customer focus, organisational awareness, influence, process thinking and problem solving abilities.
On offer is a competitive salary package which includes an excellent contributory pension and holiday scheme.
The wider benefits scheme includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers, as well as 2 paid volunteering days per year.
If this looks like your next career opportunity then please use the apply button above to send over your CV, or contact Clare O'Brien at Pertemps Managed Solutions on (Apply online only) or (url removed) for further information