SEND Teaching Assistant – Bury
Job Title: SEND Teaching Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £60 - £70 (dependent on experience)
Are you dedicated, compassionate, motivated and inspirational? Do you have a keen interest in developing your Special Educational Needs? Are you looking for the next step in your career?
Monarch are looking to recruit a SEND Teaching Assistant for a specialist school that caters for students with physical disability, complex medical needs, sensory impairments, complex speech and language difficulties based in Bury.
About the role:
• SEND PMLD Teaching Assistant.
• Working alongside a supportive SEN department and experienced SENCO.
• Long term contract with the possibility to go permanent.
• Competitive rates £60 - £70 (dependent on experience)
• Required to attend to pupils personal needs such as health, social, emotional, pastoral and physical hygiene.
• To assist pupils in the hydrotherapy pool, lift, dress and provide support to pupils with activities in the pool.
• Experience with pupils with a range of Profound, Multiple, Learning Difficulties.
• You will be confident, determined, resilient, approachable, positive and motivated.
• You will be calm, caring and conscientious.
• Commitment, initiative and excellent interpersonal skills is essential.
About the school:
• Special state school that caters for students with physical disability, complex medical needs, sensory impairments, complex speech and language difficulties.
• Pupils aged 2 to 16 years.
• Rated “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
• You will be joining a supportive and welcoming team that is dedicated to creating a stimulating environment and encourages everyone to reach the best of their ability.
• Based in Bury.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to:
• Be eligible to work in the U.K (Have a valid Visa).
• Recent child based references with valid DBS/police checks.
Monarch Education has been working with schools across Manchester for over 8 years and has built up an excellent reputation for putting our staff first. The schools we work with appreciate the positive relationships we build with our teachers and this is evident when they speak to our staff.
If this sounds like the next step in your career or the perfect role for you then please send your CV along to Amy Collins at or alternatively call (Apply online only).
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures. Your application will be subject to 2 educational references and an enhanced DBS check