As Housing Solutions Team Manager, you will effectively manage the delivery of the Housing Solutions Service; the Rehousing Team; and Homelessness Hostel Provision for the area. You will work strategically and collaboratively with internal and external partners to provide innovative ways of developing new opportunities and projects to meet the needs of our customers.
As the Housing Solutions Team Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
* Manage, develop and motivate a team of officers.
* Observe confidentiality, data protection and other relevant legislation.
* Identify, apply for, monitor and evaluate funding opportunities. Ensure compliance of grant terms and conditions.
* Be responsible for relationship management and high-level problem solving in a political environment.
* Represent the company on relevant liaison groups in respect of homelessness and housing needs issues.
* Undertake and contribute to the development of new initiatives to increase awareness of housing issues and address local housing problems.
* Keep up to date with current housing legislation, case law, policy and practice.
* Be responsible for the Landlord and Maintenance function of the companies owned Homelessness Hostel, including maximising revenue from the collection of rents and service charges, health and safety and out of hours call outs.
* Prepare reports, presentations, briefings as required and be the representative at formal meetings, locally, regionally and nationally.
* Have overall responsibility for the Housing Solutions resources.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
* Substantial experience of working in a Housing Solutions focused environment in a Senior role.
* Chartered membership of CIH.
* Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh.
* Experience of local government and a detailed understanding of delivering policy and strategic objectives in a Partnership and voluntary sector environment in Wales.
* Experience of managing services including budgets, staff and performance.
* Experience of office management, and collaborative working with other managers.
* Experience interpreting and communicating the meaning of legislation, policy, guidance, research and information.
* Proven track record of investigating and responding to complex and multi-faceted complaints and enquiries.
* Experience and knowledge about information sharing protocols and WASPI compliance.
* Excellent communication, written, organisational, IT and presentational skills.
* Pro-active and willing to lead by example.
* Prepared to work flexibly on occasion, when required.
* Ability to comprehend, analyse and evaluate complex information.
* Ability to make decisions under pressure and manage conflict.
* Full current driving licence and access to transport.
This role is subject to enhanced DBS