The Pensions Regulator (TPR) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. We have an excellent office location in the heart of Brighton and have a diverse, lively and professional growing workforce.
We are committed to making TPR a great place to work and doing all we can to support our people to reach their full potential. Join our expanding team for the chance to be a part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
We’re looking for a Parliamentary Affairs Adviser to support the delivery of TPR’s engagement with Parliamentary stakeholders and Government communications partners.
* Support the delivery of TPR’s Parliamentary Affairs strategy and plans.
* Monitor UK wide parliamentary activity on occupational pensions and provide updates for key internal stakeholders.
* Draft high-quality briefings for senior colleagues for meetings and other engagements, including select committee hearings.
* Draft responses to MP briefings, MP correspondence, Parliamentary Questions and other documents, and other relevant management documents and queries.
* Maintain accurate records and monitor debates and the position of Parliamentarians.
* Assist in day-to-day engagement with Parliamentary stakeholders and Government partners, including keeping then updated on TPR activities and announcements.
* Arrange and attend Parliamentary meetings and events.
Essential and Desirable criteria
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to summarise lengthy documents quickly and accurately, taking account of political nuances/sensitivities
* Sound organisational and computer skills to create and maintain accurate stakeholder databases, tracking political views and opinions
* Experience of dealing with senior level staff, as well as parliamentarians and their staff
* Desire to build networks and work as part of a team
* Experience of pensions and/or financial services is an advantage but not essential
* Prior experience of using a parliamentary on-line monitoring tool would be an advantage
* Proactive and flexible
* Ability to prioritise and use initiative
* Calm under pressure
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
As well as a salary of £33,968, we offer:
* Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
* discretionary bonus arrangements
* 25 days annual leave provision
* flexible working arrangements
* development opportunities
* enhanced parental leave arrangements
* a free employee assistance programme
* an excellent office location.
How to apply
We provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping our people meet their full potential.
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Applications will be considered on a part time and job share basis.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria to the recruitment team.
If you have any enquiries with regards to this role or if you have a disability and wish to request a reasonable adjustment at any stage of the recruitment process, please email the recruitment team.
The closing date for this role is 10 January 2019. Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
Previous applicants need not apply