A facilities management company that specialises in integrated hard and soft facilities management and specialist support services for secure and critical environments is seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical) based in Buckinghamshire for initially a 3-month contract. You will receive many benefits such as 25 days annual leave, Access to Childcare Voucher Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and Entry Level Pension Scheme and much more.
This company designs and operates facilities and provide management services to both the public and private sector. It provides and manages people, premises, vehicles and equipment to support the efficient delivery of our customer`s core business activities. The company has been established for over 100 years, operate in 120 countries, globally and employ 618K people. The opportunities for development and growth within such a vast company are extraordinary.
As the Multi-Skilled Engineer, your duties will be to:
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up maintenance reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security etc. equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Assist in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Work with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
To be a successful Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical) you will have the following skills and experience:
- Communication and customer care skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High standards of personal hygiene.
- Fully qualified and experienced within an electrical discipline.
- 17th edition Electrical regulations.
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance.
- High level specialisms CCTV Technology and BMS.
- Full, clean driving licence.
The Multi-Skilled Engineer will be working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm with one hour for lunch. There will be some weekend working on a rota basis (e.g. one weekend in four or five) and a requirement to participate in the emergency call out rota for which an allowance is paid.
In return, the Multi-Skilled Engineer (Electrical) will receive a salary of £27,000 - £30,000 per annum.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.