This role for an Assistant Project Manager has been released on a temporary basis for 3 months initially.
* Caerphilly County Borough Council is a housing retention authority and is committed to achieve the Welsh Housing Quality Standard by 2019/20.
* The post will support the delivery of WHQS programme of works. There are 4 Assistant Project Manager roles and the duties associated are interchangeable. There are different delivery arrangements for the WHQS Programme and each Assistant Project Manager will be assigned to different parts of the delivery arrangements.
* Management of allocated contracts (including energy efficiency).
* Technical advice and support to relevant Project Manager.
* Management of contract information within Keystone.
* Management of energy data for housing stock.
KEY RESULT AREAS
* Develop and manage contracts to achieve and maintain the WHQS.
* Manage staff where relevant to the area of responsibility e.g. surveyor, clerk of works, technical officers.
* Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
* Plan and organise work to meet programme requirements set by Project Manager.
* Input information to Keystone in a timely manner to monitor contracts and track expenditure.
DETAILED TASK PROFILE
* Oversee surveying, works specification and budget estimates.
* Administer contracts, including the issuing of works instructions, assisting with valuation payments, and final accounts.
* Ensure continuity of work programme in conjunction with Project Manager.
* Work closely with Performance and Asset Management group to monitor contracts within Keystone, with timely input of information by all team members.
* Work closely with HRA Finance Unit to monitor contract expenditure, ensure regular valuations, and prompt payment of invoices.
* Use technical knowledge to improve processes and procedures.
* In conjunction with the Corporate Procurement Team ensure contract documentation is properly prepared and tendering procedures are compliant with EU Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
* Compliance with health and safety policies and all relevant legislation.
* Undertake responsibilities to comply with CDM (Construction Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
* Adopt a customer focused approach to deliver customer satisfaction.
* Work closely with TLO's in resolving issues raised by tenants during the works to their homes.
* Attend regular team meetings and as necessary deputise for the Project Manager.
* Pursue grant funding for energy efficiency measures where relevant.
* Provide energy conservation advice where relevant.
* Relevant Level 5 technical qualification equivalent to on the Credit and Qualifications Framework.
* Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD).
* Professional qualification e.g. C.I.O.B., R.I.C.S., Health and Safety.
* Sound knowledge of contract management within the Housing sector or similar environment.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, and landlord responsibilities applicable to the social housing sector.
* Understanding of the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP).
* Understanding of statutory maintenance requirements.
* Knowledge of energy policies and energy grants.
* Proven experience of contract and project management in the Housing sector.
* Experience of CDM Regulations 2015.
* Familiarity with the WHQS.
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website