Your experience in Systems Engineering and knowledge of integration and test automation will play a crucial part helping a team responsible for product integration and test activity on a new secure communications platform, with a heavy emphasis on test automation. The Senior Product Integration and Automated Test Engineer will carry out product integration with software components in a Tactical C4I System, define & implement automated test cases, and carry out problem solving to identify defects.
You will be working for a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Read on for specifics on the job. To apply click the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page.
About the Job:
The client requires a Senior Product Integration and Automated Test Engineer to focus will be on implementing test automation coverage of the secure communication products to ensure quality in a time critical environment. The successful candidate will work within a multi-disciplined engineering team to deliver outputs that meet customer needs to defined quality standards within agreed timescales and budgets. You will perform activities including;
• Support the development of appropriate integration and test plans
• Support detailed planning to successfully execute automated integration and test activities
• Define test requirements, identify suitable automation tools and frameworks, specifications, procedures and scripts with reference to system and product specification, design and use cases
• Execute defined integration activities
• Execute automated tests and manage test results and associated data
• Be responsible for onboarding of current a new staff with identified automation toolsets
• Support the production of test reports and associated test conclusions
• Support status reporting of integration and test activities.
• Champion the PI&T build and test automation activity as well as the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools.
• Carry out integration and test activity within the SAFe Agile Framework program
To be the right fit for this Senior Product Integration and Automated Test Engineer job, you will ideally need;
• Broad competence in Product Integration and Test - Significant experience and depth of understanding across the discipline, practicing as a PI&T/software test engineer
• Experience with DevOps and automation essential. Using tools such as Katalon and languages such as Java and Groovy
• Previous experience with Aglie/SAFe methodologies desirable
• Proven methodical analytic fault finding skills - comfortable working in a technical laboratory while adhering to lab rules e.g. safe handling, equipment tracking and ESD
• Understanding and experience of developing Tactical C4I Systems; knowledge of the BCIP system is desirable.
• Ability to present formally at progress reviews and contribute productively in the team and with external UK MoD and other stakeholders.
• Technical experience in the application of practical and pragmatic Product Integration and Test engineering on large scale Defence design and development programs.
• Practical hands on experience in lab and field based military systems testing including fault finding
• Microsoft Windows Platform experience with good understanding of Windows architecture, services, security features, and virtualization
• Experienced in the use of one or more the following engineering tools or equivalents: Rational Quality Manager, Rational Team Concert, Microsoft Office tools
Senior Product Integration and Automated Test Engineer
37 hours a week
£350 - £460
Keywords: Systems engineer, Integration, Test, Testing, Requirements, Lead, Communications, C4i, Infrastructure, Software, Design, networks, radios, routers, switches, Automation, Agile, SAFe,, Katalon, Java, Groovy, DevOps.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a contract position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy