Your experience in Systems Engineering and knowledge of the systems lifecycle of training and training products, will play a crucial part in contributing to most system lifecycle activities through development, testing, acceptance, production and delivery of military vehicle Training Products. As a Training Product Systems Engineer, you will be required to work with programme management and the rest of the engineering team to manage key external and internal suppliers of hardware, software and services.
You will be working as a Senior Systems Engineer for a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Read on for specifics on the job. To apply click the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page.
About the Job:
The client requires a Systems Engineer (Training Products) Gunnery and ISTAR to work with programme management and the rest of the engineering team to manage key external and internal suppliers of hardware, software and services. You will be responsible for training products such as Maintenance Trainer (Electrical), Driver Training Simulators, Gunnery and ISTAR Training Simulator, etc. The job will include;
• Developing system architectural products in IBM Rational Rhapsody as part of an established system model.
• Develop and review ICDs, IDDs, Techcnial Specifications and design documentation.
• Develop requirement specifications using IBM DOORS and changes to established specifications in support of product development.
• Develop Detailed Test Specification (DTS) to verify function and performance against Use Cases and Requirements.
• Review Supplier generated DTS to ensure supplier testing is coherent with contracted requirements.
• Implementation of Test Specifications to generate Test Evidence on Trials, and from lab-based tests.
• Co-operate with the suppliers, software team and system engineering teams in the investigation, diagnosis and reporting of faults
• Preparation of test specifications and test reports, including test metrics
• Transfer technical knowledge within the training engineering team in order to facilitate understanding
• Technical management of suppliers through formal design review process (SRR/SDR/PDR/CDR/TRR/etc.)
To be the right fit for this Systems Engineer (Training Products) Gunnery and ISTAR job, you will need:
• Systems Engineering Lifecycle – Design, Development, Test, Acceptance, Production
• Requirements Writing – Using IBM DOORS
• System Architecture – using IBM Rhapsody with a Sys/ML profile
• Production of Technical descriptions – working to Data Item Description
• Customer facing presentation skills
• Systems test methodologies and associated best practice
• Test specification preparation & evaluation
• Technical Supplier Management
• Experience of working in large systems engineering programmes using formal change control processes
It would be useful if you had experience of Armoured Fighting Vehicles, training simulations and products or developing bids and proposals
Systems Engineer (Training Products) Gunnery and ISTAR
37 hours a week
Keywords: Systems engineer, Training, Gunnery, ISTAR, Requirement, DOORS, UML, SysML, IBM Rational Rhapsody, Software, Hardware, Test, AJAX.
Due to the nature of work undertaken at our client's site, incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. Applicants who meet this criteria will also be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
This is a contract position.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy