This is a fixed-term maternity cover position, running through to November 2021.
About the role
As the Finance Manager in our shared service centre in Caerphilly, you will be expected to deliver a best in class accounting service to various head office businesses, supporting and managing their accounting and reporting.
You will ensure that all duties of the team are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner, performing account reconciliations and providing financial information in compliance with our Group Accounting Policies. We will expect you to understand business processes at the shared service centre and to have regular interaction with the P2P and C&C departments.
You will review, oversee and support: month-end reporting, monthly management accounts, ad-hoc analysis, journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, VAT returns, financial statements, banking documentation, treasury activities by the R2R department, Inter-Company and Expenses.
You will actively identify areas for improvement in our processes, in a Lean way, and work closely with user groups to realise those improvements. As a Finance Manager, you will have 3 direct and 6 indirect reports and we expect you to guide, monitor, coordinate training and motivate the team to achieve excellent performance.
· Fully qualified accountant (preferably ACCA or ACA)
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· A strong track record of providing accounting and reporting services
· Experience using multiple accounting systems (e.g. SAP, Hyperion)
· Experience working for a large multinational, with Corporate and centralised functions
· Understanding of Divisional/Group reporting processes and accounting standards (UK GAAP or IFRS)
· Strong communication, management and MS Office skills
· Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, prioritising and executing in a high-pressure environment
· Experience working with Treasury and Banking functions
· Competitive salary
· Pension scheme
· Life assurance
· Income protection
· 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays