Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Industry: Machinery, Manufacturing
Rate: £35.00 - £40.00 per hour (Ltd Co) DOE
Duration: 2 - 3 months
Key Skills: Mechanical Design, Solidworks, Machinery, Engineering, GD&T
Our client, a world leader in the design and supply of machinery across the globe, is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to come in and cover a project for 2-3 months. We are looking for someone with a good grounding in Mechanical Design, proficient in the use of Solidworks and who can pick up project work from day 1.
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
* A relevant engineering degree is mandatory, along with industry experience in product / component design
* Experience of Solidworks PDM Vault for the design of machinery, sub-assemblies and machined parts is also essential
* Further experience in designing machined metal parts and finishing detail, machined plastic parts; using appropriate knowledge of material properties is also essential
* Dimensioning of drawings using geometric tolerancing
* Design to achieve compliance with specified international standards
* Ability to present design concepts and undertake a multidisciplinary design review on a regular basis
* Any DFMEA / PFMEAA preparation or experience would also be very beneficial
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
* Design and develop new products from concept through testing to finished product
* Be able to consider machine and sub-assembly function, compliance standards and end of life requirements.
* Produce 3D models and manufacturing drawings using Solidworks CAD
* Build and test prototype products, in conjunction with the R&D and production departments
* Validate and verify design function, using calculation and software analysis as appropriate
* Identify technology / product and service suppliers as appropriate, providing interface and liaison as necessary
* Work closely with production regarding design for manufacture, providing support and relevant engineering documentation as necessary
* Carry out engineering experimentation and testing as appropriate for design verification and standards compliance
* Prepare and present reports and test results
If you are interested in this Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you
My client is currently seeking an Administration Assistant to join their team on full time basis. This will be an initial 6 month contract to cover maternity leave and an immediate start is available for the successful applicant.
This is a varied administration role which will encompass all aspects of day to day office life. You will be responsible for providing a high level of administration support across the company and supporting both colleagues and customers in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Due to the nature of this business, previous experience of working with or alongside field based engineers and technical specialists would be highly advantageous but not essential.
* Document preparation, converting survey’s and job specifications into customer quotations
* Manage the customer quotation process
* Manage and handle a range of incoming customer requests
* Preparation of letters and memos
* Assist with the scheduling of customer work
* Job sheet preparation for engineering teams
* Obtain prices from a range of approved suppliers
* Assist in producing reports using word and excel
* Update and manage a customer support database
* Support colleagues day to day and on various ad hoc projects
* Assist in Stock management
* Travel & Accommodation bookings
Key skills required:
* A “can do” attitude
* A proactive approach
* Strong organisation and communication skills
* A team player
* Able to take responsibility and act efficiently and professionally
This is a varied role which will require strong organisation and communication skills. You must be able to juggle multiple tasks and constantly liaise with multiple colleagues and customers. Although there is no guarantee, for the right applicant, there is a strong possibility of this role becoming permanent.
Working hours are Monday to Friday. For more information, please apply directly.
**Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact short listed candidates. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of making your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful
Our Huntingdon based client is seeking Welder Fabricator with time served as Welder Fabricator or relevant qualifications, to work on a diverse range of products.
The role of Welder Fabricator will consist of the following duties in an Engineering manufacturing environment:
Welding of Mild Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminium by MIG and TIG.
Ability to read Engineering Drawings and recognize welding symbols and specifications
Experienced in Fabricating in a heavy/structural background.
Using aides such as, band saws, guillotines, pedestal drills and plasma cutting
Using hand tools and measuring equipment to mark out jobs prior to cutting, drilling and welding etc.
Ability to understand and achieve completing to deadlines
Please send CV to or call for more information on (phone number removed)
Do you have “hands on” engine validation experience? Do you love assessing potential component, system and integration issues? Do you have an Electronics OR mechanical background? If so, this could be what you’re looking for…
Our client a major diesel engine manufacturer based in Peterborough are looking for an Engine Validation Engineer to work in their dedicated, state of the art facility. This is an initial 12 month contract with very competitive hourly rates on offer.
Working within an engineering team, identify potential component, system and integration issues associated with new products or current product enhancements.
Capture the risks and create action and validation plans to mitigate the risks
Develop test requirements, coordinate and execute the validation activities to mitigate program risk and ensure the system is verified and validated for production.
Record, analyse and communicate validation results and where required, develop revised solutions to satisfy customer requirements
Provide Electrical and Electronic SME support to engine performance tests, engine development activities and initial production builds
Qualifications / Experience:
Proven engineer with ‘hands on’ validation experience, ideally on engine, transmission or power systems
Technical background in systems development, integration or validation (electronics or mechanical)
Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with ‘fault finding’ capability
Provide focus on the customer and their needs
Ability to initiate and take independent action
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a CV that clearly signposts your relevant experience. Applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK and evidence will be required
Ground workers required asap in Cambridge for on going work.
Duties to include slabbing, prep paving, paving, minimal drainage.
Must have CSCS Card, previous experience and be able to provide an up to date reference.
For more information call CSS on (phone number removed)
Are you looking for a creative and exciting KS2 role?
Do you want to inspire a life-long love of learning in the younger generation?
Do you dream of joining a school that is at the heart of its community?
Sounds like your dream job? Then apply today!
This school in the heart of Cambridge is looking to add an enthusiastic and dynamic NQT to their KS2 team. As part of a much wider community this school aims to create a supportive environment that fosters mutual respect between staff and pupils. The school's children have said "we all feel like one big team" and "the school is amazing… I love the way I'm getting an education". The current staff describes the school as having a "real sense of community and hosting lots of exciting learning opportunities"
The school are looking for an NQT who can deliver engaging lessons across all the KS2 years, and can demonstrate initiative when following lesson plans. The ideal person for them will be a representative of the school values and display these in all their teaching, contributing to each child's social and academic education. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt lessons based on the pupil's ability in order to encourage each individual child's continued progress. They are looking for a team player who will fit well into the school's community and will contribute to the safe, secure and caring environment. This school is searching for a dedicated individual who is driven to getting the most out of their students. They are looking for a flexible member of staff to join the team in September.
- Accessible Public transport links
- Term-time work
- On site parking
- TA support for all classrooms
- Modern resources
- Deliver engaging lessons to ensure every child's continued involvement and progression
- Keep up to date records of students progression and attainment
- Provide stimulating and exciting outside lessons to compliment indoor learning
- Embody the school values and inspire these in the younger generation
- Relevant qualifications (PGCE, QTS, etc.)
- An up to date DBS on the update service
- Previous work experience within a primary school
- Understanding of the national curriculum in KS1
- Eligibility to work in the UK
This is too good an opportunity to miss, apply now!
All potential candidates will be subject to Tradewind Recruitment's child safety standards and eligibility checks. Closing date for applications is November 9th. Successful candidates will begin a three stage assessment process within a week of closing date for applications. A dedicated consultant will further outline the role as well as the relevant documentation need to complete the application.
If this role isn't the perfect fit but you would be interested in something similar do contact us as we have current and upcoming roles available.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer – stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that’s 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
Finance Administrator/Assistant – 6 Months – £12.50ph
Yoh solutions are currently recruiting for a Finance Administration/Assistant on behalf of a well-established manufacturing and Engineering client in the Cambridge area. They have recently been going through a large recruitment drive across all areas of their business due to planned growth. Due to this growth they have opened a new position for a Finance Administration/Assistant to support their Finance department.
This client of ours use some of the most bespoke and well sought after machinery within the industry which has led to huge financial success globally and currently have some of the most talented developers and engineers in the industry involved in their production line and process.
Suitable candidates for this position will have previous work experience working in the Finance department.
What you will be doing;
* Inputting invoices through their internal system
* Entering and processing of expense claims
* Reconciliation of Credit Card expenses
* Reconciliation of supplier statements
* Reconciliation of customer accounts
* Updating banking spreadsheets and posting receipts
* Raising daily invoices
* VAT returns
* Extracting data from ERP systems
* Good Excel background
* Strong analytical & numerical skills
* Able to work to tight deadlines
This is a great opportunity for a Finance Administrator/Assistant to join an established and highly successful organisation. If you are interested to find out more about this Finance Administrator/Assistant position, my client are keen to book interviews as soon as possible, please apply today for a short consultation and interview arrangement!
Alternatively, feel free to contact me directly on:
(phone number removed)
Senior Internal Recruiter, Up to £280 per day or £60,000, A Truly Amazing Company that are just about to hit the big time !!!! Cambridge Based.
About the role/company:
This Life sciences / Technology company have been trading for 6 years and have growth rapidly in this time (current staff headcount is just over 200) Due to this growth they are now looking for a Senior Recruiter to shape, hire and truly own the recruitment function.
As a Senior Recruiter this position is one of those rare roles that you get to build and shape the recruitment function for a company that is growing rapidly so this position will definitely grow with the growth of the company.
The company is an exciting biotechnology company and there's a massive amount of positive news in the media and market about what this company is doing.
As the senior recruiter, you will be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment of all of our clients current and future team hires. You will guide both directly sourced and agency candidates through the recruitment process, ensuring that they have an excellent candidate experience regardless of interview outcome.
Reporting to the VP of People, as an experienced recruiter, you will be responsible for:
- Building appropriate pipelines to fulfil role requirements (this will involve some 3rd party agency interaction, with a view to moving towards a stronger direct hire ratio over time).
- Working with the hiring managers to set headcount numbers and ensure requirements are met
- Working with the marketing team to successfully promote company as an employer of choice in the Bio Tech industry. This will involve advising the team as to the best events to attend, keeping informed on new and appropriate attraction approaches and sharing this information, and designing and implementing new attraction campaigns
- Conducting salary bench-marking and feeding back to the senior management team
- Sourcing new suppliers to ensure candidate flow is optimised
- Improving current recruitment processes to ensure the business is working to the best standards
- Ensuring that the candidate, regardless of application outcome, has a positive recruitment experience
- Developing the current referral scheme
- Managing the preferred suppliers list with input from the business
- Producing and managing management information, including diversity, volume, CV and candidate conversion data and feeding this back to the business
- Attending appropriate events
- Keeping up-to-date on best practice and sharing this with the business
- Creating and running the new joiners process
- Travel to the clients second office in the London area (once or twice a week)
- Managing one direct report (Junior recruiter)
Essential About You skills:
- A proven track record of internal recruitment in either the lifesciences or technology market (a combination of both would be great)
- Experience of end-to-end recruitment for both direct and agency candidates
- Attention to detail
- Great customer service skills. This is essential to help build our clients brand out in the market
Our client is currently recruiting for a Management Accountant on a contract basis for up to a year, this position is located north of Cambridge.
This position would working alongside the Financial Controller with responsibility for the following duties -
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and related analysis in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Preparing and reviewing regular balance sheet journals and transactions.
- Preparing and maintaining balance sheet account reconciliation's.
This position would suit somebody that is potentially coming to the end of a contract as a 1 month notice would be considered, if you would like to hear more about this position please call Kathryn Van Wyk at The One Group.
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough – The ONE Group’s recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn’t just recruitment, it’s: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at (url removed)
Project duration: 1 year
Salary: £12.23 per hour PAYE
Bonuses: holiday pay + pension
Job Type: Full time, contract
We are currently looking for ground workers to work on a long term project in Cambridge.
Candidates must hold a green CSCS card and a UK driving license. Safety critical medical would be an advantage.
To apply, or for further details, please contact Lewis on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed)
You must provide proof of right to work in UK and must pass a drugs and alcohol test.
VGC Group is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. VGC is acting as an employment business