Senior HVAC Engineer CAD$500-$600 per day + Expenses
One of Canada's most prestigious shipbuilders in Vancouver is looking for a Senior HVAC Engineer on a 24 month contract basis.
Your main responsibilities as a Senior HVAC Engineer will involve:
* Responsible for progressing HVAC design from conception through to completion
* Oversee sub-contractors HVAC engineering and design deliverables.
* Participating fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and the procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need
* Carrying out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations.
* Preparing reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and engineering improvement.
* Preparing specifications and developing designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards
* Acting as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve issues and to maintain awareness of priorities and objectives.
* Carrying out system safety reviews and performing hazard mitigation work.
Essential skills and qualifications:
* Degree or equivalent qualification or experience within Mechanical Engineering/ Building Services discipline
* Mechanical design experience
* HVAC design experience would be highly advantageous
* Maritime experience
* Knowledge of AutoCAD, Foran, Tribon or Ship Constructor Design life cycle knowledge
* fantastic opportunity to work on large scale international project.
* Travel and subsistence allowance
* accommodation allowance
* periodic homeward flights included