Network Engineer – Checkpoint Firewalls
A Network Engineer to take responsibility for and provide technical project management to ensure timely delivery of requirements including effective management of both internal and third party resources for our client based in Cardiff.
* Knowledge of Cisco ASASM / ASA firewalls and associated products essential.
* Knowledge of Network Technology Data Centre Network Infrastructure, Wide Area and Local network skills (CCNA, CCDP)
* Knowledge of Cisco Routers and Switches
* Knowledge of VPN and Remote Access technologies.
* Ability to identify and calculate financial and non-financial costs and benefits of alternative technical directions
* Proven track record in the delivery of technology projects
* Ability to provide technical guidance to colleagues & third parties
* Ability to analyse/design high level technical proposals which provide solutions to business requirements.
* Project Management skills
* Excellent planning and co-ordination skills the ability to effectively
* Take ownership for network problems and deliver the agreed actions within agreed time scales
* To support and maintain the Banks agreed SLAs for the various service end user tools used within the Group. To include, Remote Access, Wireless and Blackberry Clients
* Fault finding and diagnosis skills in the above
* Provide consultancy and advice to provide guidance on meeting business needs for network requirements and recommend technically sound, appropriate, cost effective deliverables
* Work closely with Infrastructure & Service Delivery Technical Solutions and Group IT to identify and agree highly available, cost effective, strategically and policy aligned designs that meet business requirements and that can be delivered within the required time scales
* Identification and quantification of cost and benefits of technical deliverables
* Analyse, design, cost and manage deployment of small, large and complex telephony or network solutions to meet stated business requirements
* Management and communication of technical deliverables
* Take responsibility for and provide technical project management to ensure timely delivery of requirements including effective management of both internal and third party resources
* To interface with I&SD Service Security & ADM to influence the direction of product technology ensuring the products delivered provide a stable cost effective service that meet business requirements.
If you are considering a move from your current role, please apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Denny Jenkins on (Apply online only) or.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Please visit our website (url removed)