To develop, release and deliver the Kombi instrument cluster and Head UP Display system for implementation on the next major project.
The jobholder will be required to project manage a new feature based on an existing group parts and coordinate activities within the organisation, with Group and externally with suppliers.
High levels of communication must be maintained with all departments including Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Purchase, Quality etc.
Decisions with respect to the feature design and development can be made by the jobholder provided that they will not change the agreed feature content or style, however, key decisions that can affect other areas, including cost and delivery, must be confirmed via management.
There will be an occasional need to travel to mainland Europe to visit suppliers (mainly Germany). German language skills would be useful as many specifications and documents are written in German.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Experience in the development of automotive instrument clusters, for example:
* Software specification
* Hardware design and integration
* TFT displays and graphics, including fonts and illumination
* CAN, MOST and LIN communication buses
* Use of vehicle diagnostic tools
* The applicant should be familiar with working with CAD Engineers for component design and development.
* System and component definition
* Compilation of detailed specifications and requests for quotations
* Part drawing creation requirements
* Experience of part packaging, fixing methods and DMU
* An understanding of prototype moulding, pressing, PCB, painting, injection moulding and die-casting
* An understanding of validation and test requirements of such components
* Understanding of illumination design and measurement of LED warning lamps, TFT displays and gauges (including tachometer and speedometer)
* Understanding of electrical circuit diagrams, circuit design and system integration onto vehicles
* Working to quality standards and processes
* Supplier Liaison and Management
* Experience with Microsoft Office Programs
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application