18-24 months apprenticeship (Facilities Management Standard, Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship) at a Secondary School in Winsford.
35 hours per week
BASIC JOB PURPOSE:
Maintain the security of the premises and its contents. Carry out cleaning of designated areas.
Undertake minor repair, porterage and cleaning duties. To support the smooth running of the community use of our building and site during evenings and weekends. To ensuring full compliance with health and safety legislation.
* Maintain the school building, including effecting minor repairs and improvements and general maintenance tasks to ensure that the school and site are maintained in satisfactory condition that meets required standards and health and safety standards.
* Operate and maintain appropriate site security systems, including opening and closing the building at the beginning and end of the school day, lettings outside school hours and responding to call outs as necessary in order to provide satisfactory security arrangements.
* Maintain Health and Safety standards, reporting to Line Manager any failures to comply with the school’s statutory obligations in this area and ensure that contractor’s work meets Health and Safety Regulations.
* Carry out portering and cleaning duties (including the moving of heavy furniture) which will secure the most efficient use of resources.
* Maintain the necessary stock of appropriate resources. Receive delivery of supplies, furniture and parcels and ensure their correct distribution.
* During lettings monitor and supervising adults, teenagers and children using the facilities.
* Setting up equipment and furniture in support of the curriculum and before hirers come on site.
* Maintaining and setting up equipment, checking it is not damaged and is safe to use.
* Clean, tidying up, return furniture, de-rigging of equipment to ensure the building can function as a school particularly following lettings.
* Monitoring of on-line booking system, taking bookings, taking face to face and telephone enquiries and associated administrative duties.
* Ensure full compliance with health and safety legislation appropriate to the whole site.
* Offering technical support to the users of the theatre, sports hall, 3G all-weather pitch, school events, etc.
* To undertake first aid training and responsibilities as required.
Notwithstanding the detail in this job description the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Principal/Governing Body from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the main responsibilities of the job.
* Educated to at least GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Mathematics (essential)
* Qualification in administration (desirable)
* First Aid Qualification (desirable)
* Experience of working or establishing systems, procedures and routines (essential)
* Experience of working indoors and outdoors providing physical support (desirable)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Good IT skills - Microsoft Office Suite including e-mail, Internet, Excel and Word
* Confident written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* High level of customer care and understanding of equality in service delivery
* Ability to function under pressure, establish priorities and work to strict deadlines
* Ability to work independently and use initiative but also able to work constructively as part of a team
* Ability and a commitment to work flexibly and to respond to unplanned situations
* Physically Fit
* Ability to deal confidentially, impartially and appropriately with situations
* Ability to be flexible to move from task to task as priorities change and weekly working patterns change to support the curriculum and the lettings
* Ability to apply ‘rules’ and communicate effectively with public and colleagues
* Tact and diplomacy for dealing with customers and excellent interpersonal skills
* Efficient and meticulous in organisation
* Evidence of exemplary attendance and punctuality
* Commitment to the highest standards of child protection
* Recognition of the importance of personal responsibility for Health and Safety
* Commitment to the school’s ethos, aims and its whole community
The school is committed to the safeguarding of children and DBS checks will apply to this post