Support Workers - 2 Year Fixed-Term Contract
New Struan School Residencies, Alloa
£8.25 per hour
Full and Part Time positions available – 52 Week Contract
Flexible shift pattern (may include sleepovers) – requirements include lone working, shift work including weekends and backshifts
Scottish Autism is an organisation dedicated to enriching the lives of people with autism. We exist to help those diagnosed with autism to lead full and enriched lives and become valuable members of the community they live in.
We also seek to share our knowledge and expertise with parents, carers and other professionals in order to support the development of skills and strategies needed to provide the best care and support for people with autism.
With a head office in Alloa and over 900 staff working across Scotland, we offer a large range of services for people with autism including education, day and vocational opportunities, supported living, outreach, respite and specialist transition support.
We have various opportunities at present for Support Workers at New Struan School. We are looking for applications from people who are looking for a role which:
- Makes a positive impact on people’s lives
- Provides a safe and nurturing environment for individuals with autism
- Allows you to use your skills and talents to enrich people’s lives, helping them to achieve their goals
- Offers a challenge and isn’t your average desk based, office job
- Empowers individuals to develop their talents
- Enables individuals with autism to engage with their local communities
We will offer you:
- A competitive salary from (£8.25 per hour + additional payments for sleepovers and waking night shifts)
- Defined benefits pension scheme
- 32 days’ holiday (which increases with your length of service)
- Childcare Vouchers, saving you up to £933 per year
- HSF Health Cash Plan, for a monthly premium (from £7.75) you & your family can claim back expenses for dental, optical and other health care expenses
- Sector leading training from day one including fully funded support to complete your necessary SVQ Level 3
- The opportunity to be part of one of the leading innovators in Autism Practice in the UK
Experience isn’t necessary due to the training we offer, however we need people who share the following values with Scottish Autism:
- Team work
- Flexibility – we need staff who can work flexibly over 7 days
Although experience is not a necessity, the ability to join the PVG scheme, or undergo a PVG scheme update is a condition for employment with Scottish Autism.
We will be holding a recruitment and information evening for successful applicants on Thursday 26th October from 6:00pm – 7:00pm at New Struan School.
Interviews: Week commencing 30th October.
Scottish Autism has a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity.
Registered charity number is SC009068
To apply for the role of Support Worker, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Support Worker, Autism Support Worker, Junior Care Worker, Trainee Carer, Care Assistant, Personal Care Assistant, Junior Social Care Worker, Trainee Social Worker, Care, Healthcare