WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Consultants is looking to recruit candidates who have experience grinding mild steel. Applicants will have experience operating hand held grinding disks of various size and be proficient dressing metal. This is a temp to perm role with immediate starts.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Utilising various sized hand held grinders in order to dress and improve the presentation of various steels
- Ensuring creditable standards of finish to fulfil client requirements
- Abiding by standards of health and safety
- Candidates will use the hand held grinders to remove weld splatter
- It may prove beneficial for candidates to hold a very basic comprehension of welding to touch up welds if required
- Using hand tools
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Ideally candidates will hold the abrasive wheels certification but this not fundamental
- Candidates must though have experience of performing manual grinding
- Candidates must be able to operate within a heavy engineering workplace setting
- Candidates must be able to follow instruction and work to agreed targets
- Due to the unsociable nature of shifts, it may prove beneficial for
WHAT ARE THE FINER DETAILS OF YOUR ROLE?
This is a temp to perm opportunity and transfers to a permanent role following a 12 week probation period.
WHAT SALARY PACKAGE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm and 11pm-7am (rotating on a week by week basis). The role pays £8.14 days, £9.36 backs and £10.18 nights. The role also comes with readily available overtime including time & 1/3 during the week, time & ½ Saturday and double time Sunday.
FANCY A CHAT?
By way of urgent attention, please send your updated CV to (Email Removed) or call Tony Hutchinson on Tel (Apply online only)