Are you an experienced European Funding Project Manager looking for a new challenge? If so, this could be the role for you. This role will give you the opportunity to work with multiple partners across North Wales; have flexible working arrangements, generous annual leave entitlement, a local government pension scheme plus training and professional development opportunities within a supportive environment.
The North Wales Economic Ambition Board are looking for a European Funding Project Manager – Growth Vision to join the team and help facilitate regional collaborative working and deliver the North Wales Growth Deal.
The Growth Deal includes a suite of innovative and transformational programmes that will contribute to driving forward the economy in the region. The Board has already set a strong foundation to deliver the Growth Vision, exploiting the opportunities as well as addressing some of the challenges facing the regional economy. The Growth Deal will be a key component of North Wales’ economic recovery post COVID-19. Now is an exciting time to join the growing team at the forefront of delivering positive change to North Wales.
As the European Funding Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Leading, managing and implementing the European funded project;
* Managing a budget of £6million, including £2.9million of ESF, ensuring the appropriate use of the resources and funding in line with ESF guidance.
* Designing, presenting and supervising appropriate project management systems;
* Commissioning and leading the project Evaluation as well as leading on Cross-cutting Themes;
* Identifying and recording the innovative outcomes deriving from collaborative working.
We are interested in speaking to people about this European Funding Project Manager role with the following skills and experience:
* Experience of managing / implementing a project funded by European Funds;
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant financial field;
* An understanding of financial management practices;
* Knowledge of detailed information about European funding and relevant guidance;
* Previous experience of managing budgets;
* IT literate, with working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, databases and relevant social media;
* Ability to present, use and interpret any information confidently.
The Board is a partnership of the 6 Local Authorities: Gwynedd, Anglesey, Conwy, Denbighshire, Wrexham and Flintshire, along with Bangor University, Glyndwr University, Grŵp Llandrillo Menai and Coleg Cambria. The Board’s purpose is to deliver the North Wales Growth Deal and fulfil a fifteen-year growth vision to grow the economy and improve productivity.
In return, you will receive a salary of £34,728 - £36,922 per annum. This is a full-time role however we will consider flexible working requests for the right person. This is a fixed term post until June 2023.
If this sounds like the role for you, click the apply button online and we will contact you with the next steps in the application process. We look forward to hearing from you. North Wales is an excellent place to live and work, why not play a key role in shaping its future.
Interviews are to be held week commencing 14th December 2020. Application Closing Date: 7th December 2020. All application documents will need to be submitted by this date. On applying you will be sent further instructions as to the application process.
*This post is part funded by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government