To coordinate countywide trunk road operations and provide first line management of operational maintenance teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Manage, develop and motivate Trunk Road operational staff including sickness absence management and PDRs.
* Manage the workforce to ensure efficiency, high levels of productivity and cost effectiveness
* Develop a planned programme of scheduled works.
* Support and advise team leaders to ensure adequate resources are allocated for planned works.
* Liaise with client and Area Maintenance Officers to ensure allocation of staff and resources to undertake reactive work.
* Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety are monitored and risk assessments and safe working practices are in place and communicated to staff ensure that all staff are acquainted with and perform tasks in accordance with the defined safe methods of working.
* Monitor accidents and incidents and ensure timely and appropriate remedial action is taken.
* Investigate complaints and enquiries related to Trunk Road maintenance.
* Supervise and monitor temporary traffic management for works on the highway.
* Maintain comprehensive service records, performance indicators and supporting data.
* Deliver continuous improvement by assisting in the development of strategy, service delivery and operational plans.
* Communicate tool box talks/service objectives/team briefs clearly to staff ensuring high levels of motivation.
* Responsible for dedicated Trunk Road vehicles, ensuring efficiency of use, timely maintenance and replacement.
* Undertake procurement of small/medium scale contracts adhering to Departmental and Corporate requirements.
* Monitor training to ensure compliance with statutory, sectional and departmental requirements.
* Participate in the out of hours rota.
* Participate in project teams as required.
* Participate in corporate initiatives.
* Deputise for Trunk Road Manager when required.
* The role involves significant amounts of night work which may include weekends
* To receive, interpret, deliver and reconcile works orders in line with agreed timescales as per the partnership agreement. Including the submission of completed claims to the end client.
* Post holder must be prepared to drive to various locations to manage and monitor staff and to attend meetings. The applicant should be capable of accessing all work locations and working in inclement weather
* Experience of fleet management and service specific plant and vehicle requirements
* Required to attend various meetings, training events etc throughout the County area and further afield as requested and must be able to travel in a timely manner to ensure the efficient performance of duties and use of officer time and the provision of an effective service.
* HNC/HND in an engineering discipline (Desirable)
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in a Highways environment (to include exposure to trunk road operations).
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business