KARRO Cookstown is part of the KARRO Food Group, which is one of the largest food companies in the UK. The Company provides a complete range of pork products to the retail, food service, wholesale and manufacturing markets.
The Cookstown site is a complete pork processing facility that encompasses slaughter, butchery and added value departments. Operating at the highest levels of hygiene and quality, the site holds accreditations from the British Retail Consortium, Bord Bia, the United States Department of Agriculture and the People’s Republic of China. The customer base includes Sainsbury, Marks & Spencer, Tesco, Asda, Dunnes etc.
Reporting directly to the Site Director, the main focus of the role is to ensure that the highest standards of hygiene and cleaning are achieved across all areas of the site to enable the site to meet customer and best practice standards.
Specific duties include:
* Ensuring all departments are cleaned to the required standard
* Ensuring that all hygiene related paperwork is correctly completed and monitored
* Ensuring that cleaning schedules and standards are managed
* Adopting a pro-active approach and review current methods/procedures with a view to improving current standards where practicable
* Ensuring that all necessary hygiene training programmes are formulated and implemented
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
* Solid hygiene supervisory/management experience in the meat/ food industry
* A food hygiene qualification at Intermediate level or above
* Experience of working to the cleaning standards required by major multiples e.g. Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Asda, Dunnes etc
* BRC audit experience
* Excellent communication and people management skills
* Well developed IT skills- particularly word and excel
* Attractive salary
* Company pension scheme
* Excellent working conditions