Our local authority client based in Enfield. London are urgently seeking an experienced Senior Customer Service Officer.
1. To deliver a high standard of customer service across all channels. Recognise when customers are vulnerable or require extra assistance and ensure their needs are met, in a professional manner, maintaining high levels of first point of contact resolution and customer satisfaction. To demonstrate subject specialisms in relevant areas and act as subject matter expert for the team within the contact centre, through maintaining effective links with the relevant areas. Acting as a role model to less experienced staff, displaying exemplary behaviours and commitment to the team, the service, the organisation and all external customers.
2. Dealing with escalated calls and enquiries. Investigate, resolve and reply to formal complaints. Having a clear understanding when to escalate cases, including urgent issues, to service teams. To take over enquiries that colleagues may not have sufficient in-depth knowledge and expertise to complete. Accurately transferring information taken over the telephone / face to face to the digital platform on an exceptional basis.
1. Accurately logging council housing repairs, making appointments and
chasing contractors as required and following up on issues raised by the
out of hours service. Dealing with calls from Enfield residents relating to
a wide variety of council housing issues and determining the appropriate
cause of action; resolving issue in real-time and where necessary refer
issues to back office teams in various sections of Council Housing.
Accurately logging repairs, making appointments and chasing contractors as required and raising service tickets for council housing repairs by diagnosing faults reported by resident with a view to offering appointments for engineer visits and monitoring the progress of repairs. Liaising with outsourced contractors to follow the progress of service tickets and planned visits to ensure successful completion of logged jobs. Processing electronic service requests generated by residents through LBE website and converting the requests to appointments. Liaising continuously with council housing back office teams to ensure that repairs are done in a timely manner. Reviewing the contents of the housing systems tool (Northgate) regularly to ensure that appointments are updated and closed appropriately
4. Working closely with the Homelessness Team to ensure that enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner. Vetting calls and contacts to ensure that they are directed to the appropriate teams within the Homelessness Triage system. Processing Homelessness queries at Tier 1 level in accordance with the Homelessness Reduction Act principles. Updating Homelessness teams about customer enquiries in relation to existing cases and feeding back to customers. Providing advice to residents and the general public about Community Housing issues. Accessing Council services online, including registering for an account and searching for information.
5. processing search applications and evaluating all relevant information sources for accuracy, including appropriate fees. Ensuring accurate registration of data and making key decisions by applying knowledge and discretion to prevent the risks of litigation against the Council through the quality of information provided on the Land Charges Register. Responsible for the statutory upkeep and maintenance of the Land Charges Register. Dealing directly with solicitors, service groups and external agencies regarding Land Charges register enquiries. Processing personal searches, ensuring that fees are collected. Evaluating documents for accuracy and, where queries are identified, to research and ascertain correct data. Providing a first point of contact for customers’ enquiries on house purchasing
5. Providing cover across all channels and locations within Gateway service areas as necessary: These are: Electronic Channels - The Dugdale Centre in Thomas Hardy House. For Assisted Service Delivery – Access Centres located at Four flagship libraries - Edmonton, Enfield Town, Ordnance Unity and Palmers Green and the access centres at the Civic Centre and John Wilkes House.
6. To undertake a variety of customer services officers’ tasks as detailed in the relevant job description from time to time based on service demands and management instructions. These will include answering general enquiries, working on Face to Face and web chat engagements.
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful