* Design and engineering of foam seating pads for automotive customers
* Interaction with seat complete, trim, comfort, safety, durability and other engineering disciplines
* Communicate timing, progress and applied engineering and design principles applied internally and to the customer
* Support regulatory government and customer requirements
* Knowledge of Polyurethane foam materials, design guidelines, interaction with seat complete and testing standards
* Seat foam design knowledge of seat Cushion / Back foam and automotive requirements
* Strong communication skills and ability to create and deliver formal presentations
* Analysis and interpretation of data
* Knowledge of new automotive material specification development and approval
* Working knowledge of physical testing on products related to seating
* Knowledge of environmentally friendly products
* Automotive specification interpretation and application
* Support of cost optimization initiatives
* Program Management of key deliverables and timing to meet strict automotive requirements
* Good understanding of seating occupant packaging requirements to deliver both the required occupant position and comfort
* Understanding of foam pad construction requirements to meet customer styled trim outline (STO) with respect to trim trenches, over-builds & offsets, and installation of other equipment such as ventilation and heater mats etc
* A solid understanding of the tooling and manufacturing process to enable design for manufacture targets to be achieved (ease of manufacture, cycle times, scrap rates etc)
* Strong technical background in urethane/polymer materials, tooling, and processing
* Strong technical background in Polyurethane formulation and their relation to automotive seating pad applications
* Experience design and engineering products to meet automotive standards and internal criteria
* Experience working with design/product engineering to optimize material performance and type
* Experience with supplier development process and relations to support automotive seating
* Experience supporting R&D programs on advanced technology and application to seating
* Appropriate formal qualifications in Chemical/Mechanical/Materials Engineering or related field
Do not miss out on your chance of interview – APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications