Workshop Technician - (Machining/Fabricating/Fitting)
3 - 6 month - to permanent
Location - Midlands commutable from Birmingham, Warwick, Coventry, Stratford upon Avon
£16 per hour - £19 Per hour LTD or Umbrella Company
36.5 hours (Mon-Fri)
Are you an experienced Engineer with experience of maintaining and using CNC and manual machines or fitting? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity within Europe’s leading battery research facility?
This is a post within a rapidly expanding and world renowned Research and development department at a leading University. Due to continued growth my client is looking for a Workshop technician to use and maintain milling and turning machines as well as other workshop duties such as fabrication, fitting and materials testing.
The successful candidate will have experience of operating and maintaining machine tools, both manual and CNC as well as experience with other workshop equipment including welders, grinders and riveting machinery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Workshop Engineer/Technician/Fitter to join a renowned research and development centre that offers the chance to work on prestigious and exciting projects. It could even lead to a contract extension or permanent position.
* Operation and maintenance of manual and CNC machine tools
* Providing support to students and teaching staff on design and manufacture and use of apparatus
* Assisting in the maintenance and continued development of a diverse range of specialist equipment and apparatus
* Experience of working with machine tools, CNC and manual mills, lathes and grinders
* HNC/ONG in an engineering subject or relevant industry experience
* A range of skills including fabrication, fitting, material sampling and testing
This role is immediately available so please send your cv for the attention of Zac Mace to be considered for the role. Reference: RTR71426
Key Words: machine, machining, manual, cnc ,testing , materials, engineer, technician, workshop, fabrication, design, university, contract, contractor, contracting, scientific, chemistry, energy, industrial, COSHH, COMAH, rigs, project, Birmingham, Warwick, Coventry, fitter