Currently working with a global aerospace business that has a strong reputation for delivery in the UK, Holt Executive are looking to speak with experienced Sourcing Buyers.
The Sourcing Buyer is accountable for the development, implementation, and on-going management of assigned global category strategies that reduce the total cost of goods and services and derive value from suppliers and supply chain activities. Developing and improving overall supplier and supply base capabilities. Supporting new product and program development.
Key responsibilities for the Sourcing Buyer:
* Develop global category strategies that identify preferred sources of supply, consolidate the global supply base, minimize overall risk and cost, maximize value, and properly plan for and manage transitions in supply
* Plan for and negotiate effective long term agreements and pricing agreements including Kanban, consignment, Vendor Managed Inventory, direct line feed, kitting, tooling, capacity commitments, rebates, annual performance goals, penalties, etc. with suppliers as required by sourcing strategies
* Develop effective supplier relationships at appropriate levels to ensure long term partnerships with key suppliers
* Drive appropriate supplier segmentation strategies to establish sourcing direction based upon strategy, performance, and importance
* Research new and improved sources of supply as appropriate to support sourcing activities
* Work proactively with suppliers and personnel to drive savings from supply chain activities including Value Analysis and Value Engineering and low cost country sourcing
* Track, forecast, and manage global market, currency, cost and geo-political environment changes as appropriate
* Proactively tap and secure supplier innovation in support of continued product development;
* Support new product and program activities as required
* Facilitate engineering changes and other projects to enable savings and/or sourcing flexibility
Key Requirements of the Sourcing Buyer:
* Degree in business or technical field
* CIPS qualified is desirable.
* 5 years of relevant purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
* Experience with low cost country sourcing and category strategy development
* Specific commodity knowledge beneficial
* Knowledge of world class supply base capabilities
* Microsoft PC and SAP skills and experience
* Engineering, critical thinking, and analysis skills
* Ability to read technical drawings and specifications; familiarity with special processes for treatment of parts
* Experience in dealing with complex negotiations, legal issues, and large multi-national contracts
* Excellent facilitation and project management skills to lead multi-disciplined teams, drive consensus, and coordinate implementation of sourcing strategies in a timely and effective manner
Click 'Apply' and our consultant Daniel will contact you.