We require a Solutions Architect with a strong background in Management Information Systems to work on a project for our customer where they will review, evaluate and analyse the existing service, technical / solution design and business requirements, providing an initial overview of technologies supporting the services and those which may be leveraged in future.
Clarify and articulate the diverse technical requirements of users and delivery partners, to support effective delivery of the service. Ensure architectural knowledge and information is appropriately stored and shared.
Provide consultative challenge and support to service delivery teams in all GDS compliant agile processes and ceremonies including Discovery, Alpha and Beta phases; and show and tell sessions with customer, and retrospectives.
Essential Skills and Experience
* Strong educational background. educated to degree level or equivalent, with appropriate ICT qualifications.
* Strong self-motivational skills, with the ability to appropriately prioritise and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment in line with the business objectives.
* Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of ICT architectures and experience of working within defined architecture frameworks and processes; including extensive knowledge of the tools and techniques required to design artefacts across the application, technology and security architectural domains. Ideally formal qualification in Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF with experience of delivering within and agile environment.
* Strong knowledge of the technical architectural design patterns required to support enterprise scale applications systems and services including Services Orientated Architectures (SOA) principles.
* Good understanding of key technologies including major proprietary technologies and open source software, including
* Good understanding of government strategies, policies and standards in relation to delivering IS/IT systems, organisations, strategies and processes.
* Good conceptual and analytical skills, demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving.
* Good experience of producing technical design artefacts at all levels including conceptual, logical, physical and implementation levels.
* Good experience of designing solution that migrate legacy services from traditional datacentres to private and/or public cloud infrastructures.
* Good experience of designing solution that incorporate a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment approach.
* Good experience in ICT service transition and/or transformation and ICT service delivery including operating within a DevOps culture.
* Good experience and a track record of technical delivery using agile techniques such as Kanban for medium to large scales projects in the public and/or private sector.
* Good experience of running platform delivery teams required to cover managed changes and also ensure that the teams can respond to priority intendents out of hours.
* Good experience of working with, and governing, outsourced suppliers and product vendors and evaluating proposals against business requirements.
* Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, with ability to explain technical concepts to business audiences and a strong track record of building
* Business Intelligence and Management Information Systems,
* Relational Database Management Systems and
* Collaboration, Content Management Systems