We are excited to be recruiting on behalf of a prestigious client based in Coventry. Our client is one of the world's leading research and education groups; designing solutions and overcoming challenges through collaborative R&D and world class education. Industrial application is the core of all their research.
Our client is looking to recruit a new talented Test and Development Engineer to join their project team. You will work with a team of 12-15 people, including lead engineers, designers, technician and researchers to build and develop a series of demonstration vehicles in collaboration with their industry partner.
As a Test and Development Engineer you will be responsible for:
* managing vehicle prototype build from initial concept to fully-functional prototype
* teardown and benchmarking of competitor vehicles
* providing practical guidance to design teams
* managing development & procurement of component sub-systems and assemblies
* managing development testing of prototype vehicles
* line managing test/build technicians
Your role will be responsible for ensuring that the project runs smoothly and to a high standard, fulfilling all requirements of commercial partners and deliver high quality research outputs. You will also play a key role i the preparation and completion of the interim/final reports for engineering design reviews and steering committee reviews.
* A good honours degree in a relevant subject, e.g Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Automotive Engineering
* Significant experience of motorcycle/vehicle build and development, and testing with additional experience in ride/handling/braking.
* A good understanding of technologies/experience in one or more of the following areas:
-vehicle integration and design verification, vehicle and attribute system
-of test planning, test rigs, test development
-of vehicle validation and vehicle interaction and ideally understanding of hybrid
* Ability to perform detailed data analysis and interpretation to present results and make recommendations
* Experience in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation
* Experience of manufacturing processes engineering within automotive/product development field, including the ability to make recommendation for selecting appropriate manufacturing technology
*Excellent project planning and reporting skills, with the ability to initiate, plan, organise, implement and deliver vehicle build programmes to tight deadlines
* Ability to deliver rapid, commercially focused results
* Good, effective oral and written communication skills, presentation and training skills
* Well-developed interpersonal skills capable of dealing with all levels of employment and providing effective solutions to complex situations
* Ability to work within a diverse team of subject matter experts, to quickly secure the appropriate technologies and adapt to new situations
* Skillful negotiator with the ability to manage test and build technician team
* The ability to travel to India occasionally to attend review meetings with project partners
* Holder of a current motorcycle license
* A good understanding of electrical and instrumentation system in both motorcycles and automotive vehicles
* A significant level of relevant product development experience in an industrial context
* Chartered Engineer, or ability to operate at the equivalent level
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website