Verify Europe are currently looking for a Quality Inspector based in Craigavon for 3 months.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Inspector will be responsible for inspection and conformance to design of production and maintenance activities.
* Inspects parts, assemblies and finished products to drawings and specifications.
* Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, electrical test and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
* Inspect and check aircraft components for airworthiness and proper installation.
* Inspect purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements.
* Conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling.
* Maintain necessary inspection logs and write inspection reports.
* Submit recommendations to resolve recurring deficiencies found during inspections.
* Interpret inspection findings and determine adequacy of corrective actions.
* Provide training as required to address deficiencies identified during audits/inspections.
* Perform any other related duties as deemed necessary by the Company.
* Identify Continuous improvement opportunities
* The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
* Possess strong computer skills to include developing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Have experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, etc.
* Must be proficient in the understanding of torque and assembly methods/processes.
* Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory employees.
* Must be able to read and perform inspections using the assembly instructions and engineering drawings. This will require a basic understanding of reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
* Have awareness in how to conduct First Article Inspections
* Experience of dealing with customers - FAI and Source inspection
* Able to read and interpret drawings, and service bulletins
* Ability to set work independently, or as part of a team, with little or no supervision
* Willing to work long hours as necessary, while adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance