Job Title: CNC Machine Operator
Hourly Rate: £12.16 per hour PAYE
Duration: 6-8 weeks
Responsible for performing essential duties to ensure the parts are machined to the specification detailed engineering drawings and other related documents, works closely with support functions to provide in-process trouble-shooting and evaluates the quality of the machined components or finished products.
- Operating 3 Axis CNC machines.
- Reviews specification to determine setup procedure and dimensions.
- Reads bill of material and other specifications to determine product requirements.
- Selects fixtures, part holding, and tooling to machine parts as necessary.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Assist in 5S, continuous improvement and Lean activities proactively and as assigned.
- Keeps the flow in the factory clean and smooth.
- Confirms conformance of finished work to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Identifies workmanship and material defects to raise program changes when required.
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Examines and inspects tooling and jigs for defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Maintains a safe, organized and efficient work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience as a Machine Operator
- Experience in the Aerospace industry preferred but not essential
Call Jack on (phone number removed)